PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Problem with the touchscreen radio

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 08:47 PM
Default Problem with the touchscreen radio

For about the past week when I start the H3 the H3 screen on the radio seems to get stuck and the radio doesn't come on for about a minute. It is not happening everytime, but it has happened enough times to make me wonder if there is something going on. Also, today I noticed the screen was so dark you could barely see any of the buttons and then all of the sudden it came back to it's normal brightness. Is anyone else experiencing anything like this?

Old 07-22-2006, 09:01 PM
Default RE: Problem with the touchscreen radio

Jen,

It sounds to me a like an intermittent connection that is not making solid cantact all the time..Could be something simple behind that need plugging in better, or the unit it's self has a fault..In either case I'm afraid it's Dealer time.[:@]

Old 07-23-2006, 01:31 AM

nope doesnt happen to me. sometimes it stays oh the startup screen a little longer cause its aligning with the gps and the ins for the car. Never a full min though. Never had any problems with the lights either.

Old 07-23-2006, 03:39 PM

One possible reason for your sreen being dark and then coming on is that if it is parked in a garage or a shaded place, the auto light sensor thinks that it is night-time. Once the sensor realizes it's daytime, everything gets switched back to day mode. I have this happen when I start my car in the garage and then when I pull it out, the sreen switches modes. Don't know if that's what your experiencing.

"You can lead a HumDizzle to rock, but you can't make a HumDizzle climb."

Old 07-23-2006, 03:59 PM

ORIGINAL: jen813

For about the past week when I start the H3 the H3 screen on the radio seems to get stuck and the radio doesn't come on for about a minute. It is not happening everytime, but it has happened enough times to make me wonder if there is something going on. Also, today I noticed the screen was so dark you could barely see any of the buttons and then all of the sudden it came back to it's normal brightness. Is anyone else experiencing anything like this?

SHOULDNT HAVE WASTED THE $2500 ON THE GM ONE, COULD HAVE GOTTEN A TOP OF THE LINE PIONEER AVIC DOUBLE DIN WITH NAVIGATION FOR $1500 INSTALLED

Old 07-23-2006, 05:06 PM

The screen went dark while I was driving while it was sunny outside so I don't know what the problem is. I am going to have them look at it when I take it in for my next oil change. Was just curious is anyone else was having this issue.

Old 07-23-2006, 06:35 PM

ORIGINAL: CruisinCarAudio

SHOULDNT HAVE WASTED THE $2500 ON THE GM ONE, COULD HAVE GOTTEN A TOP OF THE LINE PIONEER AVIC DOUBLE DIN WITH NAVIGATION FOR $1500 INSTALLED
You forgot to include round trip mileage costs from Ohio to NY.

Old 07-24-2006, 02:55 AM

GM one is way better than the pioneer. I had the D2 in my xterra. Maybe not way better. a little better. lol. I had some problems with the touch screen. And it didnt track well at all when there was no signal. Somthing this stock one does really good. This happens a lot in nyc. It had some problems with the routes it would choose too. I'd like to see the Z1 though. The hard drive hmmmm. There was a bunch of other stuff i didnt like about it. BUT it did have stuff this one doesnt too. Also the nav stoped working all together on my d2 4 months after i had it. It was replaced under warranty. But GM one has a 3 year warranty. Pioneer has 1. GM one is 1995 not 2500.

Old 07-24-2006, 03:05 AM

ORIGINAL: HumDizzle

One possible reason for your sreen being dark and then coming on is that if it is parked in a garage or a shaded place, the auto light sensor thinks that it is night-time. Once the sensor realizes it's daytime, everything gets switched back to day mode. I have this happen when I start my car in the garage and then when I pull it out, the sreen switches modes. Don't know if that's what your experiencing.

"You can lead a HumDizzle to rock, but you can't make a HumDizzle climb."

LOL yea. Are you automatic lights turning on too when this happens??? The nav screen changes to black colors whenever the lights of the car come on. If you sit in shade for a little, tunnels, go under a bridge. This can also happen if something covers the sensor thats on the passanger side of the dash. The dimmer switch to the left of the steering wheel also controls the nav screens brightness at night. If its all the way down the buttons look dark when they light up.

Old 07-24-2006, 10:18 AM

Lights were not on, I turn the lights off as soon as I start the H3 during the day. So that is not the issue.

Quick Reply: Problem with the touchscreen radio