PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Prob when backing up!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 08:20 AM

Well took my truck by a friends shop and his mechanic looked at it and said its my reverse clutch PAC. He used to work at the Chevy dealership as there trans guy so he's pretty knowledgeable about the trucks. Said it could be from 900-1500 to rebuild it. But that's just a guess won't know till he opens it up to see

Old 03-09-2012, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Pwrshftdh3
Well took my truck by a friends shop and his mechanic looked at it and said its my reverse clutch PAC. He used to work at the Chevy dealership as there trans guy so he's pretty knowledgeable about the trucks. Said it could be from 900-1500 to rebuild it. But that's just a guess won't know till he opens it up to see
If I had any doubts about getting an extended warranty when my 4 year B to B is up in 1 1/2 months, it's posts like this that make up my mind for me!

Old 03-09-2012, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Pwrshftdh3
I haven't heard that one before, please let us know what they find. Thanks for posting this.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:38 AM

I am willing to bet your problem is the exact same thing as mine, pastic shift fork, Fortunate for me i got it fixed for only 400.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by DanRay83
I am willing to bet your problem is the exact same thing as mine, pastic shift fork, Fortunate for me i got it fixed for only 400.
I'm willing to bet a T Case shift fork has nothing to do with the A/T in reverse.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:01 PM

Doc Olds, Im not trying to argue with you, but my truck in reverse with a bad fork cause me problems, i have done hours of research on this topis, just trying to be helpful. Ill patientally be waiting results to his problem.

Old 03-12-2012, 06:29 AM

Well I took the truck by the Chevy dealer and had a friend there check out the prob. He drove it and said I def need to park it and they are pulling the trans and tc today to see which has the prob. Luckly im good friends with the owners and they said they would help me out on the bill since I didnt have the extended warranty.

But I'll let everyone know what te outcome is later today hopefully

Old 03-20-2012, 02:52 PM

Well after they pulled the tc out they changed the shift fork and a gear in the tc. My girlfriend went and picked up the truck today and backed it put the parking spot and called me an said its still doing the same thing. So I get on the phone an call tr service manager. He drives the truck says he's got a letter from gm saying its a common feeling in reverse and that the binding is normal because of the awd that the lockers in the front an rearend cause the truck to lock and unlock.

With that said i think it's all bs. And the chance that it breaks down on me in the next few weeks is high. The service manager said he had three h3s in this week doing the same thing. But they also tryed to blame my prob on the 35s. But they have only been on the truck for two weeks and 20 miles in that period. Wish I could get some kind of other explaintion for the prob.

Old 03-20-2012, 04:35 PM
Banned
Default he's got a letter from gm saying its a common feeling in reverse

id like to see that letter!
i got my 07 lux in july 09 and drove it a yr,20000. got my 10 adv with lockers frt/rear. drove it 19000 so far.

if i EVER feel anything like you are describing,,,ill let you know

not the 07 lux,not the adv,,never ,,not once. just for your info,and the dealer.

its not normal in open mode

Old 03-31-2012, 02:43 PM

Well newest update. Is got in truck to leave work today which is 6 hrs from home rite now and won't even budge in reverse. Truck revs up and acts like its engaging reverse but nothing. So I push truck out of the parking spot and head to the apartment I'm renting 15 miles away. Truck acts fine at first in drive and at about 60 it starts to seem to be under powered and I down shift to 3rd and it acts normal.

Call owner of dealership that did work and tell him tranny is shot. He is now sending a role back and me a loaner car till they get it fixed. I told him I had argued with the service manager about it being fixed before and he said he was sorry and would make up for the probs.

With that said I'm still pissed and hope they can get it fixed before to long

Quick Reply: Prob when backing up!