PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Pricing the GM Touring Dual Exhaust System

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Pricing the GM Touring Dual Exhaust System

Bolts right in, uses factory hangers, without drilling a thing. I think HotrodTom did a install thread way back. I'll look for it,I did mine in probably 45 mins., including ripping out the stock exhaust, and clean up! Air tools are a wonderful thing.

Old 08-22-2007, 07:58 AM

ORIGINAL: Doc Olds

Bolts right in, uses factory hangers, without drilling a thing. I think HotrodTom did a install thread way back. I'll look for it,I did mine in probably 45 mins., including ripping out the stock exhaust, and clean up! Air tools are a wonderful thing.
So it bolts right up the the back of the Cat. A real plug & play?

Can one person do it or is a second set of hands needed?

Old 08-22-2007, 08:05 AM
Super Moderator

One person can do it. I found the old thread by Hotrodthom https://www.hummerforums.com/m_50616..._1/key_/tm.htm This confirms it is pretty easy. I didn't even use a jack, it's a truck with plenty of ground clearance. I do think if you want to take off the old in one intact piece, you should jack up the back for clearance over the axle. I guess you could save the old one for landscaping sculpture?

Old 08-22-2007, 08:55 AM

I did mine by myself, no cutting of the original one piece exhaust so I could re-use it down the road. If you don't plan on cutting your stock pipes you will need to jack up the body in front of the right rear tire. That gave me the clearance needed to pull the stock exhaust out the back by carefully pulling it and rotating it as you come out. You should be mindful of a brakeline that is on top of the axle, it is in a spot that could be damaged if the weight of the exhaust fell on it so put some rags oer it or twist it down so it's flush with the axle.

I did mine in about two hours by myself.

Old 08-22-2007, 09:08 AM

ORIGINAL: HUMMER DRIVER

I did mine by myself, no cutting of the original one piece exhaust so I could re-use it down the road. If you don't plan on cutting your stock pipes you will need to jack up the body in front of the right rear tire. That gave me the clearance needed to pull the stock exhaust out the back by carefully pulling it and rotating it as you come out. You should be mindful of a brakeline that is on top of the axle, it is in a spot that could be damaged if the weight of the exhaust fell on it so put some rags oer it or twist it down so it's flush with the axle.

I did mine in about two hours by myself.
That would convert to 4 hours and 4 Budweisers for me.