PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Pricing the GM Touring Dual Exhaust System

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 11:17 AM
Default Pricing the GM Touring Dual Exhaust System

Has anyone shopped around for the GM Touring Exhaust? The best I can find is GMPD for $748 + $11 S&H. Lynch Hummer was a tad higher.

Old 08-20-2007, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Pricing the GM Touring Dual Exhaust System

Does that include the tips???????? Now you are in Borla territory. Borla is my favorite at around $840.00 Yes their 06 kit fits the 07, those lazy butts just haven't put one on the lift to ok the part # application. I've e-ragged on em a bunch of times. Vader, if that price includes the tips, keepin it all GM is a ok too.

Old 08-20-2007, 11:48 AM

ORIGINAL: Doc Olds

Does that include the tips???????? Now you are in Borla territory. Borla is my favorite at around $840.00 Yes their 06 kit fits the 07, those lazy butts just haven't put one on the lift to ok the part # application. I've e-ragged on em a bunch of times. Vader, if that price includes the tips, keepin it all GM is a ok too.
No..tips not included.[:@]
The price for GM tipsare insane!! I found some rolled edge stainless. Do you think these will work at $24 ea.?
http://www.autocarparts.com/part/813/0/

Old 08-20-2007, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator

I think everybody who looks at the GM exhaust kits does the same thing. Ya swallow and go, alright, I can justify the extra $,.............what????? NO TIPS[:@][:@], r u freeeekin crazy[sm=headbang.gif]. I think the ones you linked sholud do it, but I just don't like to see the clamp bracket thingys on the cheaper ones. From that link I can't see any clamp strap dohicky, so why not?? A reputable muffler shop could also weld them on 4 ya!!!

Old 08-20-2007, 07:52 PM

I saw and heard a set of GM Touring Exhausts at my dealer, they sounded just about like my Magnaflows and the Magnaflow chrome dual tipped pipes are almost identical to the GM set with the expection they are already welded on the set and don't cost extra. Magnaflows can be had for about $450 a set shipped if you shop it, full lifetime warranty too.

Old 08-20-2007, 08:14 PM
Super Moderator

HummerDriver, I am happy with my Magnaflow cat back. Question: are your tips always that clean inside. Mine get blackened up insidelike witha rich mixture? I've ordered the PCMforless, and when I finish my intake I'm thinking it will lean out???

Old 08-20-2007, 10:05 PM

I've mentioned this before and of course it's just my opinion but, if you are planning to offroad then I would think twice about putting a high dollar setup with a muffler in the stock location. I have a few huge dents in my stocker and I would be pissed if it happened on an exhaust I paid alot of $$ for. Thats one reason why I was either going to go with a gibson setup or have something custom welded up. The gibson puts the muffler between the frame rail and the driveshaft (just to paint you a picture) and is out of the way from rocks,trees anything else you are coming off of when wheeling.

Old 08-21-2007, 08:47 PM

My tips get dirty inside and out. Don't recall any unusual buildup on the inside. Mine don't' stay shiny after driving for a while after poslishing them up. I think you'll see some darkening on the inside of the tips. I usually take a rag and hand polish the pipes every week on the outside to keep'em nice and shiny and I usually wipe the inside too if it's getting dull too. I'd be surprised if you're running rich. I always heard the computers keep the mixtures pretty even. Are you running low octane or high? I try to run a tank of RaceTrac fuel or two and then get some Shell gas from time to time. I guess it makes me feel better about carboning up the engine.

Old 08-21-2007, 09:08 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks Hummer Driver. I did not think the computer would let the mixture get out o wack, but the black in the pipes looked like an old rich carb mixture. I burn regular with a tank of premium now and then, unless I go wheeling, then it's premium for sure. That is probably the difference, plus you clean em up better than me. Keep the rubber side down

Old 08-22-2007, 06:31 AM

Does the Magnaflow use existing hangers or holes or is drilling required?

Quick Reply: Pricing the GM Touring Dual Exhaust System