PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Predator Motorsports Rip Off

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 01:14 PM
Default Predator Motorsports Rip Off

I have a 2005 H2 Sut. I have made many upgrades and modifications and been screwed over numerous times (I think cuz I am blonde, lol). The biggest one thus far (and still in business) is Predator Motorsports located in San Marcos, CA. They stole money off my credit card that they had on file and stole parts off my hummer cuz they didn't like them. I also bought custom running boards, triple chromed, it peeled so I sent my H2 back to them in April of this year. To date, I still don't have them back...and all I get is the run around....I paid $1,500.00. I also had them install a show quality poliched chrome super-charger with 3 year warranty and had the transmission rebuilt so that it could handle the torque. Problems...kept shredding the serpentine belts and over heating the transmission and the super charger was NEVER programmed...went thru several transmissions, broke the transfer case (I had to pay for it and all the tows back to thier shop which cost methousands as I broke down in Pismo Beach and in Laughlin). Also paid for smoke running light covers...they took those off and never refunded monies nor did they give me back my parts. Charged me for dent removal and scratch coverup but they never touched my paint or body. I cannot express my anguish enough. I am posting here so that I can help others know what to expect before they buy from Predator. They started off really nice and sincere....now they just ignore my calls and the problems and have refused any service (warranty). I am now using Custom Motorsports and I have to say...what a great company!!!!

Old 12-05-2008, 06:01 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Predator Motorsports Rip Off

Predator is usually pretty pricey but they have a reputation for taking care of business. Who are you dealing with at Predator?

Old 12-05-2008, 06:37 PM

When I have delt with them they have been just fine. Ussually I will only wait until their "sales" but thats just me....

I would expect that you will be getting either a phone call or an e-mail from them as they monitor this site.... As, this matter likely is best handled between the two involved parties....

Old 12-08-2008, 12:07 PM

I have dealt with Ryan, Josh and Dan. At first they were very nice...but as time went on, my hummer went unfixed and untouched. They cannot admit thier mistakes nor will they try to fix them....after they got all thier money, they washed thier hands....warranty to them means nothing.
ORIGINAL: 3hummers

Predator is usually pretty pricey but they have a reputation for taking care of business. Who are you dealing with at Predator?

Old 12-30-2008, 11:33 AM

I recently posted for a few questions about companies doing conversions and where to dress up my H1. Since being in the area of Predator Motorsports I asked for some help from others. I have hearda few things and some where bad, some good. But after being directed to read this I am more concerned now. I have emailed a few people that have responded to my posting in the H1 section. From what I gather and from seeing your posting, I am not sure how Predator is still in business. I've heard from a guy that said he bought his chrome hood panel through one of there retailers and it started to peel. He said the owner of the shop told him they were getting a ton of chrome coming back because of the same reason. Another guy told me he had his car in there for a conversion and they took forever and kept making excuses. Another guy said he had great service and attention from there staff while ordering things....always got a call back and was met with a lot of help. But when he went to install items and realized they were missing parts or things did not match up, he could never get a call back or any help to address the situation. I was told Predator monitors this site...and I do hope they do. I would love to know there not all this bad. I just want good work done and enjoy my H1.

Old 01-06-2009, 02:38 PM

Well this is what they deserve if what you say is true. Info like this can kill a industry specific company. They better make it right. Also I would call your credit card company and "chargeback" the charges and get all your money back.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:34 PM

Yes get your money back for sure!! You know I have been speaking to a lot of people on the forums. For one reason or another though a lot of the people that talk badly about Predator, don't post but send me private messages. I think its because they don't want to lose any discounts Predator is handing out. But to be honest I have spoken to a few other companies that deal with Hummer parts and they are awesome!! Good customer service and great reviews. There prices are even really good! Its does not sit to well with me because I finally moved out to CA and most of these companies are on the east coast haha. But I don't mind as long as I am dealing with a good company. I have been doing my research and so far I am just not sure how Predator has been in business for this long. They must have a lot of money coming from somewhere else to hold them a float. Can you say IRS audit? I can make fun of that because I worked for a company that lost it all from our IRS audit, not good!

Old 01-06-2009, 06:12 PM

This is something that is typically best left off public forum however since grlytoplay decided to bring this to a public forum we will respond.

Her first accusation is that we stole money from her credit card. This is absolutely untrue as we would not be in business for over 12 yearsif we stole money from you or anyone else. In addition, if we did "steal" money from your credit card, why didn't you simply contact your credit card company?

The answer to this is that at the time of her purchase with us, she was a signer on her ex-husbands business account where she was the controller. As it turns out, she was using the company credit card for her purchases including all of her purchases she made with us which resulted inembezzling tens of thousands of dollars from her ex husbands company. When she was caught shewas immediately terminated. Luckily for herhe must have shown some leniency as she was not imprisoned! She then stated that we charged her company card without her permission however the signatures on the credit card stubs showed differently. After she accused us of this crime, we offered to refund the charges and put them on another card even though she was the one who provided us with the card and authorized all of the charges. She declined to give us another form of payment.

We would never steal used parts off of someones vehicle. Why would we when we have thousands of new parts in stock at our disposal. About a year after she received her truck back she came back upset claiming that she no longer liked the look of the truck and wanted back her parts that she had us remove and replace with new ones. At the time of pick up she did not want her parts back so we disposed of the used parts. When she came back, we did everything possible to fix her problems including replace the thrown away parts with new ones.

Her supercharger is programed. There is absolutely no way her vehicle would run if we did not download the super charger program.

She is also failing to mention that she has an extreme lift in the range of 8+ inches with 40" tires. She also didn't mention that she burnt up a transfer case due to the extreme angle on the drive shaft of her 2003 hummer. As some list member may know, the 2003 Hummers had a problem with a short drive shaft. This created problems that would ruin a stock Hummer T-Case. When a lift is in place, it only exaggerates the problem! She came back to our location threatening us with several people. We are always trying to accommodate our customers with or without threats. In this case, even though the failure had absolutely nothing to do with us, we replaced her transfer case FREE of charge! I honestly believe most companies would throw her out by now. She left happy that time. Additionally, we lengthened the driveline so that this wouldn't happen to her in the future.

The final straw for us was when she came back threatening us again when her transmission went out. She demanded immediate pickup and repairs of her vehicle at our expense. Over the past 12 years, we have neverexperiencethis type of person however we decided to discontinue doing business with her and meeting her outlandish threats. We also told her that if there are any future warranties that are covered we would honor them however we would not cover items that have absolutely noting to do with us.

Inconclusion, she got caught embezzling and is looking to pass blame to someone other then herself. I am sure if you asked her directly how she got fired, you will her some exaggerated and confusing response on how Predator stole her credit card number and used her credit card for items that were installed on her Hummer. Additionally, why wouldn't the business who we apparently stole the credit card from press charges against us or at the very least, seek to collect the money back from us either directly or through the credit card company?

I hope this sheds some light on this unfortunate incident and this person.

If future posts of false accusations are made by this individual, Predator will seek legal council to protect the strong positive reputation that we have built over the last decade. Predator is dedicatedto producing and servicingour hummer clients at the highest level possible.

Sincerely,

Predator Motorsports

Old 01-06-2009, 06:32 PM

I knew this didn't sound in "charector" for Predator.... I do appreciate the "input" and as I stated earlier, this type of situation is never best handled in the "public eye"

Old 01-06-2009, 07:44 PM

Think I will stay out of this one. Sounds like it goes much deeper.

Quick Reply: Predator Motorsports Rip Off