PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Power Window Switch?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 12:47 PM
Default Power Window Switch?

Hey everyone one. I have an issue, yesterday on my way home from work i tried to put down my window, and to my displeasure, nothing. I tried the other windows, but they seemed to work intermittenly. I tried using the switch for the back driver side window and it worked (most of the time). When i got home i pulled the fuse, but it seemed to be ok.

Should i try the touch the battery cables together and wait 5 min? Or does this sound like a bad fuse?

Thank you!

Old 10-19-2011, 10:39 AM

I would be happy to look into this concern for you as well on my end. Please feel free to contact me privately with the last eight of your VIN for more assistance. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:47 PM

Try the BCM (body control module) "reset" proceedure. If that does not provide you with a fix, then it's time to check the driver door switch connections (I have had them come loose before). I don't have the schematic for the window operation infront of me right now but there is also a relay/breaker for the windows operation.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:06 AM

Thank you tainter, I will have to try that. It is just disconnecting the positive cable and leaving it off for a while and reconnecting, correct?

Also I parked the car last night after work, then had to run to the store, tried the windows and they worked! After I got out of the store, the driver controls worked except for the driver window...

I hope this reset helps!

Old 10-26-2011, 07:10 AM

UPDATE: Well without doing the reset, the windows just started working again. So I thought all was well. No, it couldnt be that easy. Last night I noticed that when I put on my turn signal, I didnt hear the clicking, and relized that they didnt work. I tried my hazards and they didnt work either. Then when I was able to park, I turned on the flashers with the engine running, and still nothing. Then when I shut the engine off the flashers started working! This has me so confused. Could it be a bad ignition switch causing this?

Old 10-26-2011, 10:23 PM

If the BCM is getting wet (moon roof drains pluged or OEM lights up top leaking) this causes strange things to happen to the electrical components. Check if the floor of the passenger side front foot well near the kick panel is wet!!!!!!

Old 10-27-2011, 07:14 AM

no moon roof or roof lights. and floor is dry... Looks like I need to try to reset the BCM.

Old 10-27-2011, 10:05 PM

Let us know what happens!

Old 11-03-2011, 06:35 AM

I tried the disconnect the battery and hold the cables together, but with no luck. I am going to have to take it in to the dealership soon if I cant find why they are not working...

Old 11-03-2011, 02:38 PM

Well, she is going in to the dealership tomorrow... The tech I talked to seems to think its something with the ignition, since high beams, hazards, and radio lights all work with key turned to the "ACC" then all stop working when the key is put either in "ON" or "RUN". I will update as soon as I hear from the dealership.

Quick Reply: Power Window Switch?