PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Power Folding Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 05:01 PM
Default Power Folding Mirrors

Hey guys, just traded my H3 for a H2, was reading tru the manuel and came across the folding power mirrors, does any one know if all H2's have the power folding mirrors? i have the switch which lights up as the manuel says but the mirrors dont fold in or out, thanks for the help in advance.....

Old 12-11-2008, 05:05 PM
Default RE: Power Folding Mirrors

On my H2 it has that and you need to have the mirror selection toggle in the middle then when you press that button they will fold in. If you have the selector on either mirror it will not work

Old 12-11-2008, 05:13 PM

i tried it with the selector switch with it in the middle position, but the mirrors dont fold in or out..........

Old 12-11-2008, 05:44 PM

Hello friend,
The mirrors will not fold if you just push tap the MIRROR POSITION SWITCH.
Try holding the right side of the MIRROR POSITION SWITCH in for about 15-30 seconds to fold close the mirrors.
And to open, Try holding the left side of the MIRROR POSITION SWITCH in for about 15-30 seconds to open the mirrors.
The mirror "SELECTOR" switch must be in the center position for the folding circuit to engage.
Safari Hummer H2

Old 12-11-2008, 06:23 PM

thanks safari, tried that and there still not working, maybe mine dosent have them, has the switch for it and it lights up when the mirror selector switch is in the middle, off to the stealership tommarow unless anyone else has any idea whats wrong............

Old 12-11-2008, 07:17 PM

Hello,
I don't know if the folding mirror feature is exclusive to some models.
However you may want to check each and every fuse.
There may be a fuse that may be blown.
Although there is no fuse labeled as "FOLDING MIRRORS" but there may be a fuse assigned for that purpose under a different label which may power something else.
A good example would be the "cigarette lighter" fuse also powers the on board computer but is labeled as "cigarette lighter" fuse.
You must be patient as you test each fuse systematically one by one and not get confused.
Form a mental pattern as you go along in this fashion you will not test the same fuse twice.
Check the fuses under the hood and in the interior left side panel.
Safari Hummer H2

Old 12-11-2008, 08:40 PM

Hello,
Based on your responses it seems that you are confusing the mirror function control buttons.
If you have the owners manual you will see on page 2-56 the photo of the buttons.
The upper small rectangular button with the left and right arrows is the mirror "SELECTOR SWITCH".
The square button with two dots on each side is the "FOUR WAY CONTROL PAD".
Put the upper "SELECTOR SWITCH" in the center position.
To close, Press and hold down the two dots on the right side of the square "FOUR WAY CONTROL PAD" for about 15-30 seconds.
The whole mirror along with the mirror housing and the mirror housing arm should begin to move close inward toward the door.
To open, Press and hold down the two dots on the left side of the square "FOUR WAY CONTROL PAD" for about 15-30 seconds.
The whole mirror along with the mirror housing and the mirror housing arm should begin to move open outward.
Safari Hummer H2

Old 12-11-2008, 08:53 PM

Hello,
Keep us posted on your progress.
Safari Hummer H2

Old 12-14-2008, 03:51 PM

Your mirrors might be broken....when i bought my 05' mine didn't work....if your's is still under warranty they will cover them and replace with the 06' upgrade....a lot of folks had this problem.

Old 12-14-2008, 05:02 PM

ORIGINAL: solarflare

Your mirrors might be broken....when i bought my 05' mine didn't work....if your's is still under warranty they will cover them and replace with the 06' upgrade....a lot of folks had this problem.
CHO is down, so we come here???

Quick Reply: Power Folding Mirrors