PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Potential new owner......

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 02:11 PM
Default Potential new owner......

Hey all. I am looking at possibly getting in to a used H2. I have a couple of friends who are carsalesmenon the hunt for lower mileage (under 30k) ones for around 17-19k and I have looked at three different ones in the past month. I like the way they drive but cant quite decide it its what I really want.

Currently my SUV is a 97 Mercury Mountaineer with 89k miles on the odometer that I am going to sell. Its a great vehicle and has never let me down but I want something newer. Since my daily trip to and from work is a whopping total 20 miles the gas mileage doesnt scare me off. I mean I am not particularly tough on vehicles so I would assume I would get decent mileage with an H2. I average consistantly 23 mpg's with my 2004 M6 GTO with a mix of in town and highway driving and I get 18 with my V8 AWD Mountaineer.

If someone could possibly help me out with letting me know the problem area's of them, any electrical gremlins, any issues with suspension or anything along those lines, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks and hope to learn a lot in the near future.

Old 12-11-2008, 02:13 PM
Default RE: Potential new owner......

i just paid 29k for a 2006 with less than 20k on it, full factory warranty still in place... not bad for a great truck!

Old 12-11-2008, 02:30 PM

Hey Potential owner

Just saw your post. I own a 04 H2 and love it except for this week. I have had no problems with mine until last Friday. Drives great and have made some amazing trips with it to the great Northwest Territories for fishing. 300 miles one way on single lane dirt road (I guess you could call it that) Anyway back to the Hummer Last Friday on my way to work I hear a pop in the front end as I was coming to a stop. Then the H2 started lurching like something was stuck. Come to find out the entire front diff assembly is now a pile of metal shavings and burnt up bearings. Something from what they can tell broke off internally and caused this mess. The one major problem I am having is now you cannot find parts. I had 1 hit on Google for a front diff assembly for a 04 H2.

Needless to say I need to get it fixed so after a week of looking we found a used one. Once it gets here they will install it and I am thinking about trading mine in. It’s really hard because I love it I love driving it and have had no problems until now. I only have 60K miles on it and there is no warranty and no parts. So if you are looking at buying one make sure whatever year you get make sure you can get parts for it. I was actually shocked when they told me that. I even checked with all the local 4 x 4 places and the only thing they could offer me where the gears

Good luck in your hunt

TZS HMMR

Old 12-11-2008, 03:25 PM

29k is more than I want to spend but it sounds like you got a good deal.

The one I liked the best was an 06 black with 27k miles for 18k (high volume dealer). The issue was two of the seats had some wear spots in them and I think the thing was beat on a little. It ran fine but that scares me a little bit.

I really like the H2 though, it wasnt quick, partly because I just drove an SS Trailblazer just before the H2.....lol