PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Potential Buyer with some Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 01:01 AM
Question Potential Buyer with some Questions

Hey everyone, My name is Eric and I live in Abu Dhabi, UAE. I am going to be test driving and hopefully buying a 2008 H3 tomorrow. I'm wondering if there is anything specific I should be on the look out for or something specific to check. I am currently an Electrical Engineer, but I was a Honda Technician for 3.5 years, so I am very technically/mechanically inclined. Here's a little info about the H3 below. Oh yeah, it has what appears to be the stock grille guard/winch, but the seller says he doesn't have the winch controller. Will any winch controller work or a specific one from Hummer or is this not factory? (pic below) Thanks in advance for any advice on viewing this vehicle.

2008 H3
92,000km
Single Owner
Full service history from GM dealer in UAE
All Mods performed by reputable American Performance shop in UAE

Thanks again for viewing!!

Old 10-06-2013, 03:00 PM

CV joints! Make some sharp right and left turns and listen and feel for and popping noise. Also, check the torsion bar adjustment bolts, see if it looks like they have been cracked up before and then set back to factory again. It will tell you a little if they are trying to hide that fact. Finally, check the guys temperature! Why would anyone sale their hummer???