PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Post 'em if ya got 'em - sub pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 04:22 PM

Well, I believe this is getting out of hand. Big subs are not for everyone, just as 22s with rubber bands are not. We are all entitled to our opinions and likes and dislikes.

Granted, his response was a little bit rough but I think two long posts calling him a racist are just as rough, and even more against forum rules. I don't know either one of your or your cultural heritage but I think some assumptions are being made here. Making a statement like 'that might be popular in East L.A.' does not make one a racist. I've been in East L.A. quite a few times myself and I agree that big sub boxes and 22s would probably be popular down there. Does that make me a racist? No, but it means that I know what demographic the majority of the population of East L.A. are.

Seems like it might be time to let this one go and move on to something more friendly to the forum rules because this is beating them to death.

Old 03-27-2011, 04:46 PM

Draketh and Ozark1- If you don't yet know how to use the 'PM' feature on this forum, it's time you learned. That way you can continue this banter and spare the rest of us!

Old 03-27-2011, 05:11 PM

Agreed, I apologize for openly going so far and wildly off topic, been having a bad day and got rubbed the wrong way. Topic dropped on my end.

Old 03-27-2011, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Draketh
Agreed, I apologize for openly going so far and wildly off topic, been having a bad day and got rubbed the wrong way. Topic dropped on my end.
I'd just like to add that I was highly entertained by this thread. And Draketh, I will support your argument, usually its "dem ol geezers" that find the aforementioned "east LA" demographically segmented vehicles offensive. lol

I like em!

but I also like the off road winched trucks too.

Old 03-27-2011, 07:04 PM

I don't know about 'geezers'. If you mean those of us who like to respect the space of others and not try to force them to listen to our music while driving, I guess at 46 I am a geezer.

And it's not just East L.A... You are correct that I find it to be more of an age thing that a race or heritage thing.

Old 03-27-2011, 08:57 PM

I agree with SONGMAN.....................

Old 03-27-2011, 09:16 PM

looks like its a mexican standoff......

only there aint no mexicans.....

Old 03-27-2011, 10:08 PM

Fun weekend project. Over the years the subs get smaller/fewer, but I can't do without them. I think the process of building is about 75% of why I always end up adding subs. I don't think I bother anyone.....anymore.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:43 AM

Now that is pretty cool looking! I wouldn't mind having something like that just for storage. But of course, I am not talented enough to build it. Great job!

Old 03-28-2011, 09:28 PM

Ok wow that got extremely out of hand...I have one 12" sub, I am trying to figure out how to mount/install it with out take up to much of my storage space... I am interested in stealth box but I am not sure if it would work on an 08 there are the storage boxes on each side and I am afraid it would make the panel its behind vibrate like crazy

Quick Reply: Post 'em if ya got 'em - sub pics