PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

possessed door locks

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 10:10 AM
Default possessed door locks

while driving, my door locks are all by themselves locking and unlocking !! The door chime is randomly going off and on !!!! HELP !!

2006 H3

Old 02-07-2016, 02:16 PM
rsc

Door switch/sensor going bad or the wiring grounding out? Have you soaked the BCM in water?

Old 02-09-2016, 07:50 AM

I have 2 door switch/sensors that are bad (just ran a continuity) will replace this afternoon, but what is a BCM and why would I need to soak in water? thanks !!

Old 02-09-2016, 08:05 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Gdraft
I have 2 door switch/sensors that are bad (just ran a continuity) will replace this afternoon, but what is a BCM and why would I need to soak in water? thanks !!
When I read rsc's post, that thought ran through my mind.

If you have a sun roof, and the drains get plugged (happens all the time), water will run down inside the A pillar to the floor by the passenger side kick plate. Behind the kick plate, up sorta next to the glove box is you Body Control Module, which controls all functions related to the vehicle body. When it gets wet, they short and can cause all sorts of electrical Gremlins.

He was asking if your BCM got wet, not suggesting that you douse it with water.

Old 02-09-2016, 08:45 AM
rsc

LOL, that never made it through my mind- water and electricity don't mix. Although we couldn't tell that to the Saudi Arabian that was putting turbine engine oil into the battery in his Chevrolet Caprice, he absolutely knew that water and electricity didn't mix and therefore water had no place in his battery. Well his battery didn't live another week after that. Stupid American junk.

Old 02-09-2016, 12:55 PM

Now I understand !! I will replace the 2 faulty door switches to see if that remedies the problem, if it still persists, i will research the BCM. Here is another precevied problem with the door switches, when I set the car alarm after a quick minute, the alarm goes off...assuming it thinks the door is still open....and yes, the dome lights don't go off, I have to use the button near the headlight switch....

Old 02-09-2016, 02:46 PM
Super Moderator

If you have an aftermarket alarm, you added in information not originally posted to start with. Aftermarket alarms can have control modules go bad and cause your issues as well, depending upon brand, age, condition....

Old 02-09-2016, 03:19 PM

no aftermarket alarm..just the original. I was just thinking since 2 door switched were bad, that would affect the way the alarm and door lock works....giving a false signal.

Old 02-17-2016, 08:56 PM

just wanted to follow up, replaced both terminals on the battery and the 2 faulty door switches and all the door chime alarm and door lock gremlins went away !! This forum is awesome ! Thanks to Doc Olds and rsc for their input !!

Old 02-18-2016, 07:22 AM
rsc

Glad you got it fixed

Quick Reply: possessed door locks