PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Popping Sound When Starting

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 08:58 AM
Default Popping Sound When Starting

We have a 2008 H3, it is about a month old and has had a popping sound when you start the truck. It has been back to the dealer and they are stumped, they have had technicians brought in and they do not have a clue. They say that all the H3s do it but we've tried at least 8 and heard no popping sound. The dealer claims it is happening to all of his... So how many H3 owners are actually having this problem. (When you turn the key to start the truck you get a pop out of the audio speakers. This is with the radio off.) So please try it and let us know.

Old 02-10-2008, 09:30 AM
Default RE: Popping Sound When Starting

Do you have any electronic aftermarket accessories installed on the truck? I've seen/heard of this happening and it usually is caused by electrical interference from and aftermarket dvd,ipod, etc... type device. If not, our dealer might want to replace your radio or better yet, have they called GM Tech line to find out if there are any other reports of this?

Old 02-10-2008, 09:39 AM

Never any popping in mine on startup or otherwise. I've driven two other '08's besides mine and neither had the popping sound on startup either.

Old 02-10-2008, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator

08 Alpha and never a popping sound out of the speakers. I also have not heard of this issue so I doubt all of your dealers others Hummers are doing it.

Old 02-10-2008, 11:18 AM

Thank you for your responce... We have not added anything to the truck yet. The problem was noticefew daysafter delivery. The Dealer has contacted GM, they do not have any other reports of the problem. They have sent a Technician from there Audio Group out to look into the noise, but he can not locate the problem. They have checked and resecured the grounds, and problem still exists. It sounds like the amplifier for the audio system is powering up to soon. Almost as if the amp was on the ignition switch and not a remote turn on. (Remember the days of multiple amplifiers and the remote turn on burns out (no relay)and the amps are hooked up to turn on by the ignition switch. Have seen many make shift amp hook ups like this before.) Well please ask arround to see how many are actually doing this. We are hoping that this will be corrected by the dealer sometime in the near future, and when it is We will post the repairs made for anyone else who's listening to this very annoying sound.

Old 02-10-2008, 11:49 AM

08 H3 and no popping sound here either.

Old 02-10-2008, 12:27 PM

Mine has done it, but only when the power had been disconnected. The first time the key is turned on after power is restored . . . pop.

Old 02-10-2008, 01:18 PM

08 Alpha....no popping sounds in mine...

Old 02-10-2008, 01:21 PM

My old 2006 audi a4 did that. The speakers would pop when the car turns on and when I make hard turns. 2 trips to the dealer and it was gone

Old 02-10-2008, 01:47 PM

No popping here, '07 with Monsoon System.

Quick Reply: Popping Sound When Starting