PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
View Poll Results: A poll
I'm politically Conservative, Sean Hannity is right!
31.75%
I'm a Conservative leaning more Moderate
28.57%
I'm a Moderate leaning Conservative
15.87%
I'm a Moderate, No Political Affiliation
12.70%
I'm a Moderate leaning Liberal
6.35%
I'm a Liberal leaning more Moderate
1.59%
I'm politically Liberal, George Soros for King!
3.17%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Politics and HUMMERs, which are you?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 08:40 AM
Default RE: Politics and HUMMERs, which are you?

Well guys this has turned into a pretty heated yet very logical, and maturedisscusion (to some extent). I agree with most of you. Those that I don't agree with, let's just agree to disagree. I will look into alternate candidates when it comes time to vote; but the bottom line is that ALL POLITICIANS LIE. They are all in one way or another going to **** on you and tell you it's raining, the checks in the mail, and the one probably all of us guys have used, "I won't C_ _ in your mouth...point (all lies).
All I'm saying is look at the total package when it comes time to vote. Don't vote for someone because they are republican, or democrat, don't vote for someone because they are black or white, don't vote for someone because he is from the North, South, East , or West. Vote for the person that you HONESTLY think will do the best job for this country and it's people.
We are all in the U.S of A together. Let's not continue to be the laughing stock of the world. We must unite and fix us before trying to fix others.
All in favor say AYE
Thank you all and GOD bless America!!!!

[sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif] [sm=rant.gif]

Old 12-03-2007, 08:53 AM

HILL, and everyone that has served in the military on this site. We are and always will be brothers and sisters first and foremost. We have/had a job to do and we do our best every single time.
Reporters, the media and the neighbors can have their opinions all day long, but until you have lived it you don't know chit.
I have been in 21 years and I was shooting for 28, after Iraq I'm done.
War is nasty; as a civilian you will NEVER get the real picture. It's all propaganda,and lies. Politicians have the uncanny ability to turn any situation around to suit their own particular needs.
I'm done with this thread and will not be adding anymore...I will get home to my family and my H3X...in one piece.

Brother Hill...thanks man

Old 12-03-2007, 02:00 PM

On that note. Thank YOU Sarge! Stay safe and I'll see you on the hill!

Old 12-03-2007, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator

All I shall say is Clinton's first name should be Richard, because he is a Dikk, and so is his wife.
I especially like my affordable health insurance premiums because of the health insurance and medical care reform Hillary pushed through....................NOT!!!

Old 12-04-2007, 12:11 AM

Very mature Doc.......NOT!!!

Old 12-04-2007, 03:07 PM

Just so as to not be left out in the veteran roll:

Battery C, 3rd BN /116th Field Artillery reformed into the 652 MP Company, Iraq.
USS Yosemite AD-19 and USS Salinan ATF-161

Yeah, I served in the Army and the Navy, so what?

[sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=patriot.gif][sm=usa.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 01-04-2008, 02:18 AM

There are many misconceptsions, erroneous accusation's, misinformation about what all that goes on in Iraq and Afganistan. Unless you have been here and still here, you don't know how it is and how these people really are. The media only wants to tell you what "they" want too. Not what really happens and the results. I give credit to Bush for staying the course. It takes guts to do that and he is pounded with criticism on a daily basis. Yeah, Clinton balanced a budget, but he raised taxes across the board to do it, allowed China to export all of there crap with no consequences, screwed up with Somolia, started NAFTA (resulting in severe unemployment). If wegive up, we as a country will lose all respect to the world. We are a throw away society and instangratification orientated. This is our downfall. We listen to "Movie Stars" (who are hypocrites/actor-look up the definition), praise humiliation, have an attenion span of a micro second, expect things instead of EARNING THEM, created and injected so much bureaucracy and political correctness into our thoughts and society it's mind boggling. Politicians lie to our faces and can't keep there promises or intentions. Everything is based on money, instead of ethics and rights and freedom.

People don't like us because of our learned arrogance (this is also reflected in all aspects of our lives i.e. these Hummer Haters). We had earned it (respect) inthe 40's and 50's but lost it in the 60's and 70's got some of it back in the 80's and lost it in the 90's. Now we are here and being considered the most powerful country in the world, we might want to prove before we speak it.

I have done my time and I am still supporting our Service members. We are the Best of the Best and do what we do willingly. I try to take an open minded outlook on many things. But we have been endowed with specific laws and rights to control our aggression and chaos. But we need to interpret those privaleges sensibly and apply those accordingly not relatively.

I know there are those of us who are more than those who we observe as "Idiots" but we are a dying breed. I hope I did not offend anyone with my blah, blah, blah. this is JMObservation.

P.S. I know not all of my observations completely coincide with history, but I based my opinion on the majority and not the minority. The one phrase that sums it up to me anyway is " It's all about me" and this IMO will be the down fall of what this country originally stood for and hopefully we can break away from it in the future.

Old 01-04-2008, 11:11 AM
Super Moderator

Bush has certainly made his share of mistakes but the one thing I like about him is he doesn't bend to the ill wind of every poll that comes out. He picked the hard road against terrorism and is staying the course against incredible criticism. I don't think we will know whether we or should I say WE were successful in this for many years, if ever. We may never know what didn't happen because of what our military has done for the last few years. I know there are many opinions on Iraq and mine is just one more that no one wants to hear.
My father is one of the smartest men I have ever known and that is not because he is my father. He started in the Army as a private and retired from the Army ( actually retired in the reserves ) as a Colonel. Heserved inKorea andVietnam, started and sold3 successful businesses and I know he has spent a lifetime making the right but hard choices. He hates war, every war, but says some have to be fought. He thinks this one has to be fought. I won't bore you all with our hours of discussion on the topic but as much as I hate the enormous resources we are pouring into the war, the disruption of life and casualties our military is experiencing and the devision in this country that war always seems to cause I believe that we are doing the right thing. My nephew is a Captain in the Army about to redeploy to Iraq again. He has been there ( two purple hearts and a bronze star ). He doesn't want to go back, doesn't want to leave his wife and young daughter, but he says he knows in his heart it is the right thing to do not only for the Iraqis but for this country.
A few weeks before Christmas I was delivering toys to Camp Pendleton with a large group of Hummer owners. The Marines of the 1st Division were deploying for the 7th time to Iraq. To a man they said they did not want to go, miss the holidays, their families etc. but they all knew it needed to be done, that they knew they were making a huge difference and were ready to get it done.
I have not been to Iraq so I can't compare the basis for my feelings to the real life experiences of Sarge or rhill but people I know and have all the respect in the world for have convinced me it is the hard but right thing to do.
Sarge, rhill, and every other member of the armed forces have my unmitigated respect, admiration and gratitude. Thank you.
One of the posts above ask why we hadn't fired Bush yet. I would ask why we haven't fired Congress yet. Congress has a far lower approval rating than Bush, is trusted less than Bush and has accomplished less than Bush. Democrats and Republicans have let us down and the real way to change it is to vote our local representatives out of office and put in people that will listen to us. Until Congress decides to control spending we will never have a balanced budget.
As to the real purpose of this thread I am a conservative leaning toward being a moderate. Strong defense, balanced budget, smallest possible government, zero political correctness and personal responsibility and accountability are my hot buttons.

Old 01-04-2008, 02:31 PM

I am on a couple of other boards, and these discussions can get out of hand very quickly. It's good to see that so far it has stayed pretty decent.

I would first like to reiterate that we owe a debt of gratitude to those who are serving our country in the armed forces, regardless of political leanings. Thanks guys, we can't even begin to understand all that you sacrifice.

I tend to be pretty moderate, with liberal leanings. I take issues on an individual basis and make up my mind as to what I think; the two party system seems to divide people philisophically more than is necessary. (I realize there are other parties, but lets be honest, none of them are coming close to taking the lead of an election currently.)

I am completely over the entire election, most of the candidates either don't represent my views or they seem completely disingenuous. That is just my opinion, and I really don't know any of the candidates personally.

On another note, I am on day 5 of owning my H3 and I love it!

Old 01-04-2008, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator

Pretty good group here and I think everyone realized that politics and Hummers aren't related. We all love the Hummer and aren't particularly fond of any politicians so I don't envision any issues here. I understand your comment and actually even debated whether to post awhile before I posted.
Welcome to the forum and enjoy the Hummer.

Quick Reply: Politics and HUMMERs, which are you?