PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
View Poll Results: A poll
I'm politically Conservative, Sean Hannity is right!
31.75%
I'm a Conservative leaning more Moderate
28.57%
I'm a Moderate leaning Conservative
15.87%
I'm a Moderate, No Political Affiliation
12.70%
I'm a Moderate leaning Liberal
6.35%
I'm a Liberal leaning more Moderate
1.59%
I'm politically Liberal, George Soros for King!
3.17%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Politics and HUMMERs, which are you?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 11:08 PM
Default RE: Politics and HUMMERs, which are you?

I trust the cheapest TV Evangelist more than than any Global Warming cultist. Until I see one of then walkiing to work, I'll just pi$$ on them any chance I get!

What a bunch of new-age-loosers! If they want me to believe, they should at least believe their own stink and walk everywhere!

Old 12-02-2007, 11:57 PM

I'm in Iraq right nowand I have a first hand view. Sure we do our job while we are here, that's what we get paid for and that was my career choice.
However, The majority consensus by all here is...what the hell are we really here for???? I can tell you that if you took the mic and cameras from in front of a soldier, sailor, airman or marine they would all say (at least 99%) that they are tired of back to back deployments, tired of this (for lack of a better word WAR),and for soldiers back to back 15 month tours.
Bush has a personal agenda here and we all know that (what it is who the hell knows). We hired Bush and he has done a crappy job from day one; if you or I had a job and did not listen to our boss (for Bush the people), and did crappy work, then we would be fired with out hesitation. Why haven't we fired Bush yet?
Bottom line: any politician that supports Bush or the Iraqi war will NOT get my vote.
People need to stop voting for a particular party and vote for the person that will do the best job.
I did not by a HUMMER based on my political affiliation. To address politics in the same sentence as purchasing a vehicle just opens up a can of worms.
This is all my opinion (which I'm entitled to by the way). NONE of you have a better view of Iraq than I do (daily).

I'm done...sorry about the rant

Old 12-03-2007, 05:23 AM

i would have voted,but you didnt put one on there that said politics suck,so the heck with it.its all about the freakin money these days,not about the people,

Old 12-03-2007, 06:08 AM

Amen Hilljob!!!...I totally agree.
Democrat, Republican, Independent or whatever...money talks...politics suck

Old 12-03-2007, 06:17 AM

Have you looked into Ron Paul Sarge? I find myself agreeing with most of his stances. He has been against the Iraq War from the beginning. He's the only canidate that voted against it that is currently running. Hillary, as much as she talks about how bad it is, voted for both it and the Patriot Act. Paul has voted against both of these, and his voting record while in Congress actually backs up what he talks about. He has voted against anything he believes is unconstitutional. His nickname in Congress is "Dr. No."

Old 12-03-2007, 06:49 AM

I'm conservative,... which should NOT be confused with republican.I'd have to say of the last 2-3 presidents,..Clinton has been the most conservative. He didn't start any useless wars,..ballanced the budget, and stopped inflation. THOSE are conservative values.

Old 12-03-2007, 07:01 AM

ORIGINAL: sarge_taz_rock

I'm in Iraq right nowand I have a first hand view. Sure we do our job while we are here, that's what we get paid for and that was my career choice.
However, The majority consensus by all here is...what the hell are we really here for???? I can tell you that if you took the mic and cameras from in front of a soldier, sailor, airman or marine they would all say (at least 99%) that they are tired of back to back deployments, tired of this (for lack of a better word WAR),and for soldiers back to back 15 month tours.
Bush has a personal agenda here and we all know that (what it is who the hell knows). We hired Bush and he has done a crappy job from day one; if you or I had a job and did not listen to our boss (for Bush the people), and did crappy work, then we would be fired with out hesitation. Why haven't we fired Bush yet?
Bottom line: any politician that supports Bush or the Iraqi war will NOT get my vote.
People need to stop voting for a particular party and vote for the person that will do the best job.
I feel for you.
I keep hearing reporters ask politicians what their chances of winning the war are,...or "are we winning" etc. How can they be expected to answer that? In order to know if your winning don't you firstto know what thegoal is? I mean how do you know if you're achieving your goal if you don't have one?

I also hear BS like "turning over control to the Iraqi police". Uhhhhhhhhh,WHICH Iraqi police or what Iraqi government? From which party? One minute you'll hear some habitual liar on TV talking about the different factions in Iraq (and they're aren't 3 by the way,..there's more like 9) and in the next sentence you'll hear the same habitual liar say they're expecting to turn over control soon to THE Iraq government soon. UUUUHHHH again,...which one?

They're not all going to get along and have a group hug. The only 2 solutions are to either kill them all, or to make one party strong enough so that it can dominate the others. (And being that the Iraqi's have never done anything to us,..I vote for the latter). Sure all but one of the paryts will be unhappy,..but at least you'll have peace. Of course that's what we had there with Sadam.

End of rant. Hope I didn't offend anyone, it's just that having my tax dollars and our military used to commit attrocities all over the world really burns me.

Old 12-03-2007, 07:53 AM

I would first like to thank rhill20 and sarge for their efforts.Second, I don't have a problem with Bush. He has made some unpopular desicions. I do think we are there for oil. I don't have a problem with that, and nobody else should either. Securing that oil is benificiary not only to the United States people and their way of life, but to the Iraqi people and their way of life and for that matter the rest of the world. Never before in recorded history has a nation as powerful as the U.S. been in power without absolutly crushing any and all oposition to it. People may think that about us, but if it where true then we would have nuked Iraq, Iran, North Korea, Venezuala and France a long time ago with out endangering too many servicemen. We actually try to help other nations. When something bad happens here ther is very little support. Usually only Great Britain and Isreal.
Now that I am off my high horse, I would like to nominate R. Lee Ermey for president. I'd like to see those panty waist in congress tell him no when he asks for something!

Old 12-03-2007, 08:25 AM

Don't get me wrong Sarge, I do think that it is time to get out of there. But, we as you know have to be careful as to how we do that. We can't just pack up and leave like everybody thinks. It's going to take awhile to get everybody home. I have gotten on the plane everytime that I've been told to, agree or disagree. I had grave issues with Somalia but I went, twice. This is not intended as an "I love me" speech. Just talking. I have to say that I don't really consider myself a republican (solely), I do tend to agree with them more than anyone else normally. I'm not going to start on the Bush thing, I think that he started out in a rough spot (9-11), and followed some bad advise (intel) from people working for him. Other than that, I don't know, it's easy to sit a slam someone when you aren't the one in the hot seat (armchair quaterback). I feel for you Sarge, I've been there and have a pretty good idea what life is like for you right now. I'm sorry for that, but I'm proud of you and all that I have served with doing the same. Just keep your head, don't try to be a damned hero and get your *** home so that you can enjoy your H3!

Old 12-03-2007, 08:27 AM

Clinton ballanced the budget by sacraficing our safety. After Somalia and the "blackhawk down" incident, he pretty much showed the terrorist that if you give us a bloody nose we'll run away and hide. In case anyone has forgotten, we were in Somalia to help against attrocities happening to the Somalian people. I bet those Somalian's wern't happy to see us go, but I guess that didn't matter.

Quick Reply: Politics and HUMMERs, which are you?