PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

PLEASE HELP! XM tuning!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 09:26 PM
Default RE: PLEASE HELP! XM tuning!

Yes I know- I have the two options on there selected as on as off as on and off and whatever other combination you can do. NO LUCK!

Old 03-16-2008, 09:50 PM

06 Lux edition:

1. you can only play dvd's on the glovebox dvd playervia the backseat screensnot on nav screen. You CAN do this by taking your H2 to a mobile audio outfit, and they will set it up for you. I run my backup camera through the NAV screen, even though I have the crappy SE backup camera within the rearview. That one is useless. The NAV one isawesome (and retardedly expensive).

2. The 06 came with a black vynil pouch, with a very long hose (to reach tires), pressure guage, and inflator tips for toys). All high quality. Yours is definitely missing. The nice thing is, they are all the same from year to year as far as i know.

3. radio **** turns XM stations. Except, if you are not signed up for XM, then you only get a handful of stations. If you are in a short-term XP preview mode (eg 1 month), you only get 20 or so stations. In full (pay) mode, you get all stations. The 20 stations you got are so because someone requested free preview. Call XM and they will tell you the status of your radio. Go to channel 1 (or 2?)and get your displayed radio serial # ready when you call them.

Old 03-17-2008, 12:47 AM

FYI: [/align][/align]You can run SOME cameras through the NAV screen. It is a big ordeal, and has to be professionally installed. [/align][/align]I have an H-cam (Hummer cam) from www.hitchcam.com, which perfectly replaced the OEM center rear marker light. It needs an 'above-board" installed in the NAV unit (radio). This item is available through hitchcam. The Hummer dealer installed it for me. Works flawlessly, except when rain gets on the lens, which then blurs everything. [/align][/align]This camera is way better positioned than the OEM bumpercam. It gives you a much better panoramic view. It is incredible, and worth the $1200 installed price I paid here in Canada. (USA installed priceshould be way less). [/align][/align]It also has a switch which I had mounted below the rear wiper (small space there), which lets you overide the NAV, and view your camera even when the vehicle is rolling forward. That way, you can keep an eye on whoever is following you. Great if you are paranoid....Very cool. [/align][/align]