PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

PLEASE HELP! XM tuning!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 06:36 PM
Default PLEASE HELP! XM tuning!

I tried to search the forums here and also reviewed by user manual without avail. I just picked up a 2006 Limited H2 and have a number of questions that I cannot get answers too! I will ask for help on 3, the first I am mosttroubled about!

#1: I don't have the remote control for the a/v/nav system. I have XM radio but cannot manually cycle through the stations- I can only use presets! HOW DO I CHANGE THE DARN STATIONS!?This should be simple stuff! Where can I get a remote?

#2: I have the air suspension system- is there a hose somewhere in a hidden compartment or did I just get unlucky enough not to have one?

#3: There are video monitors all over- the DVD system in the storage box seems to project over FM stations- should I expect that to be a problem during road trips with regard to interference? Is this connected to an FM modulator to stop that from happening? Will the NAV system also play DVD's? Can I hook up an IPOD to the NAV system?

Looking forward to some help here soon!!! Please be detailed with any help on question #1!!!! Thanks!

Old 03-16-2008, 06:48 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: PLEASE HELP! XM tuning!

Haven't had a Nav system so can't help you on that. The air suspension cars came with a kit ( they usually sell on Ebay for about $70.00 ) The have a hose, air pressure guage and some adapters that screw into an air outlet in the rear cargo area of the H2 on the passenger side. Sounds like they did not pass the hose kit on with the truck.
People with the Nav and dvd set ups that I know can do both at the same time. I don't think that will be an issue for you.

Old 03-16-2008, 07:16 PM

My O3 I bought used but was told by the dealer that even though I have the rear air suspension the hose kit only came with the adventure package and not the lux package. I bought one off Ebay. The pontiac Montana vans came with them so there were quite a few on ebay. I dont remeber exactly but I think I paid about $25 for a brand new air hose kit.
Sounds like your truck has an aftermarket radio? I dont think any factory radios have a remote.

Old 03-16-2008, 07:28 PM

Bottom left dial turns the stations

Old 03-16-2008, 07:29 PM

Or seek arrows on steering wheel

Old 03-16-2008, 08:03 PM

Ok, I know I didn't explain things enough my fault. The tuner on the wheel on the **** on the bottom will only cycle though some preset stations!!! I get like 20 stations and that is it! Is that because of some package I have 3 months free or something? Is there some way to get the other stations?

Old 03-16-2008, 08:08 PM

On your screen go to XM options press it and then turn off catagory scan

Old 03-16-2008, 08:26 PM

No to playing DVD's in nav unit without modifacation and no to ipod . I can plug it in my headrest and play it through FM station but no sense if u have XM, you can usually find something good.

Old 03-16-2008, 08:51 PM

I have tried every option on that XM menu to let me manually change stations- its a NO GO!

Old 03-16-2008, 08:53 PM

Its on the touchscreen

Quick Reply: PLEASE HELP! XM tuning!