PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

PLEASE help H1 will not start

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 11:02 PM
Default PLEASE help H1 will not start

i have a 2001 H1 6.5 turbo diesel

car stalled on me started stalled.........ect
got advise might be fuel filter.. Replaced it and it started for about a day drove it about 20 miles parked it at home two days later drove it out went about 600 ft and it stalled... and did not start anymore.. left it in drive way ....

Car turns but will not start

Plugged in a computer and said Shut off fuel solenoid was the problem Replaced it and still nothing

Now no codes on computer

then was recommended to replace the PMD which i did ....... still nothing

then some one recommend to replace the lift pump which i did and still nothing......

i put some GAS in the air intake turned over cranked as i had the key in the start position at times got black smoke then white smoke out of exhaust but would not remain on

Please help

Old 05-22-2011, 12:20 PM

Did you try replacing the fuel filter again? You may have some bad fuel which will cause the filters to go bad very fast. Good Luck !

Old 05-24-2011, 05:40 PM

Thank you for the response.
i have not changed the filter again but i have checked the filter and it is still clean, even the old one seemed clean.
i checked the line where the Fuel goes into the Injector Pump and comes out with good pressure. Is it possible for it to be bad gas and still start a little because i did get a black smoke then white for a few second while i was holding the key in the start position when i put a little gas in the air intake.

Old 05-24-2011, 05:40 PM
Default Thank you for response....

Originally Posted by RENNtech
Did you try replacing the fuel filter again? You may have some bad fuel which will cause the filters to go bad very fast. Good Luck !
Thank you for the response.
i have not changed the filter again but i have checked the filter and it is still clean, even the old one seemed clean.
i checked the line where the Fuel goes into the Injector Pump and comes out with good pressure. Is it possible for it to be bad gas and still start a little because i did get a black smoke then white for a few second while i was holding the key in the start position when i put a little gas in the air intake.

Old 05-25-2011, 01:58 AM

it sounds like th injection pump is having a issue internally. you most likely have a bad cam sensor or a fuel drive solenoid and both are in the injection pump. remove it and take it to a diesel injection pump repair shop the deals in stanadyne injection pumps. they can bench test it and tell you what the issue is. everyone that i have worked on that came down to the pump being the issue, i pulled the pump and sent it out to be repaired and the engine would fire right up when i was done with it.

Old 05-25-2011, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by hummech
it sounds like th injection pump is having a issue internally. you most likely have a bad cam sensor or a fuel drive solenoid and both are in the injection pump. remove it and take it to a diesel injection pump repair shop the deals in stanadyne injection pumps. they can bench test it and tell you what the issue is. everyone that i have worked on that came down to the pump being the issue, i pulled the pump and sent it out to be repaired and the engine would fire right up when i was done with it.
Solenoid is clicking and working. Scanner said IP is good but not sure 100% maybe it is the IP car only has 51,000 miles on it.

Any way i can check my self to see if ip is working?