PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Please help! air suspension wont go up or down

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 06:11 PM
Default Please help! air suspension wont go up or down

Hello guys i am new to here and i have a problem. i have a 2003 hummer h2 and the rear air bags wont go up or dowm. its like its stuck half way. when i turn on the ignition the compressor kicks on with 3 or 4 bursts then shuts off like it should but it doesnt seem like its up all the way. i took it to a dealer here and they pulled 3 codes c0563,c0626 and u1064 they are not experienced with hummers and couldnt give me any info. if anyone knows about this please help. thank you

Old 02-06-2012, 05:13 PM
Default suspension wont go up or down

the dealer which has no idea what it is is saying its probably the module. which is 500 dollars. from what i can find c0563 is some kind of calibration rom,and u1064 is loss of communication still not sure about c0626. i love the air ride on it but i dont want to put a ton of money in it. does anybody know what codes or how the rear acts if the module is bad. thanks

Old 02-09-2012, 11:17 AM
Default Update

Ive been messing with my hummer and my button on the back to turn on the compressor to pump up tires and such doesn't work either. When I turn on the ignition it fills that line but that's it. If I let the air out it doesn't keep going. Three or four pumps and it kicks off. So the compressor must be working somewhat. I've put weight in the back and lifted the back to see if anything changed and no luck. My dealer has no answers so please if anyone has any ideas or knows who I can call please let me know. I want to get it fixed before something bad happens. Is there a way to check the module

Old 02-09-2012, 11:25 AM
Default Update

I forgot to mention Ive only owned this hummer for 2 months and when I bought it he told me the height sensor was bad but he said it only affects the button that raises it over the ride height. Not sure if it's true or not but the back was at normal height when I bought it

Old 02-09-2012, 05:24 PM
Unhappy Air ride problems???!!

Hello everyone,
I am knew to this site. I am a female and know a little (very little) when it comes to talking trucks and cars. I mean I am not completely in the dark. My problem - I am a new owner of an 05' H2, had it since last saturday. About 2 days ago, I went outside and found my trucks rear-end squatting on the ground. I cranked the truck and waited for the air compressor to kick in and it did. The air bags remained inflated all day until the next morning, the same thing happened. It is now at my local GM dealer and has been since 9am this morning (8 hours). I thought it was just a hose, since it was either equally deflated or inflated. It turns out, it was just a cracked hose. They purged the system as they should and replaced the hose. NOW! They repaired the hose but can't get the system to air back up, even their GM engineers are stumped! They have run several test and still nothing. I also have a stupid after market alarm (prestige) on it and it does work as it should, BUT whenever you unlock or turn the truck off, the exterior lamps remain on for 10 minutes - blink twice and then turn off. Also, it dings like you have left the lights on or a key in the ignition when you get out of the truck. My reason for stating all this, is I believe it could be something to do with the electrical system. I was suppose to take the truck to CKR in Prattvile, AL tomorrow and let then reprogram the alarm and check that the wiring is done correctly, but that looks like it will have to wait for another day. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
MRSFOX1
Alabama

Old 03-02-2012, 05:56 AM
Banned

I bought my H2 used. Ive heard nightmares about these airbags. I checked my rear end and it has coil springs. No airing up or down or anything. Springs are a smooth ride. I have seen somewhere where there is a aftermarket retrofit kit for the H2 to springs in the rear. Im thinking the previous owner did this swap. Unsure where I seen the kit or the price but im sure it is worth the headache of airbags.

Old 03-02-2012, 12:04 PM

I've got an '07 with air and my system has been working well. I think it's the older deuces that have single stage air systems that give them fits.
If you've got to replace the compressor, go with the dual stage and change the hoses (you have to anyway).
I bought the deuce with air on purpose, for towing the trailer and it makes a world of difference for towing.
I test drove a deuce with coil springs and then jumped back into mine and the difference is quite noticeable. The air system rides smoother, more like I expect a deuce to feel (of course that was my first impression, so that's what I expect.)
I wouldn't recommend swapping in coils unless you do heavy wheeling where air could become a detriment, or you are just strapped for cash and coils are the inexpensive way out.

Old 03-18-2012, 08:20 PM
Default air system

im having an issue with the air system on my 05 h2 also passenger side is inflated but driver side is not inflating. the inflate button on the dash under the tow haul button is blinking all the time. Any ideas on the problem or a fix would be much appreciated

Mike

Old 03-18-2012, 09:15 PM

I got the "service air suspension" warning on my light 2 days ago. I am still under my 30 day warranty from the dealership I got it from, so they are gonna send it in to their garage.