PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Please BOYCOT PREFERRED CHASSIS FAB! See Inside!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 12:14 AM
Default Please BOYCOT PREFERRED CHASSIS FAB! See Inside!

As the title states, Please BOYCOT PREFERRED CHASSIS FAB!

Looks like they (Prefered Chassis Fab) promotes the poaching of HummerForums members!!!!!

You can ONLY buy their HUMMER products through PM over on the (XXX FORUM)! In order to send a PM on the (XXX FORUM) you need a certian amount of posts. Not a sign on PM and done kind of thing!

This is a quote from alrock, the forum admin over at the (XXX FORUM).

"Preferred Chassis Fab - exclusive to XXX
(XXX FORUM) is fortunate to have some great partners including Preferred Chassis Fabrication. We've entered an exclusive deal where (XXX FORUM) is the exclusive source for HUMMER items sold by Preferred Chassis Fabrication. He is designing, manufacturing, marketing, selling and supporting these items solely for (XXX FORUM) members in good standing.

To that end, Dwaine has requested that ALL initial inquiries be started via Private Message. You may PM him at PreferredChassisFab. (Click the link to start a PM). No other initial inquiries for these exclusive parts will be accepted.

Thank you,
Dwaine and your staff at (XXX FORUM)"

Last edited by TAINTER; 06-14-2012 at 12:18 AM.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:03 AM

You can be a member of more than 1 forum you know. I happen to be a member of 4 Hummer forums currently, but this is the forum I post on the most.

I'm not sure where the hate is coming from, unless there's a personal issue involved, but asking people to boycott a product simply because that manufacturer decided to give exclusivity to a certain forum seems absurd to me.

If you have a problem with posting on that forum, that's fine, but don't ask other people to boycott a product because of it.

Old 06-14-2012, 09:13 AM

Sure , i'll get right on that !!

Old 06-14-2012, 10:29 AM

Both of you may nt know how this forum is funded through the amount of hits and posts it gets. the fact that the mentioned products are exclusive to another direct competitor of this forum.

get it now. it's called member poaching! A very clever way I do admit.

Old 06-14-2012, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

The product is an exclusive at the request of the vendor not the forum.
Almost all forums do group buys that are for the benefit of its members. They do this to provide an exclusive benefit to their members. This benefit is usually not available to anyone but members of that forum. Does that constitute poaching...of course not. Clearly there is a personal nature to these posts.
Almost everyone I know from the forums are members of most of the other forums. If you are interested enough to search out forums geared to Hummers you are going to find them all. There isn't really any proprietary information on any of them just slightly different groups of people and different attitudes.

Old 06-14-2012, 10:57 AM

It is still stupid *** hell and at least 50% of the hummer owner population (im guessing) does not go on forums nor contribute to posting at all. Who ever the manufacture is,they will suffer a decrease in sales because of what you're saying. I won't "poach" or "boycott" a company because of it but i'll be sure not to give it a thought when it come's to buying a product from them.

P.S.
This is the only forum i contribute to when it comes to my Hummer and i don't plan to change that because i feel their is no need to. This forum is awesome and if i can contribute into a forum like this then,i am grateful for it.

Old 06-14-2012, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator

That is totally cool Mr. Orale.

Old 06-14-2012, 11:44 AM

Well, I guess for some people you CAN'T be a member of more than 1 forum. Who knew?

Old 06-14-2012, 06:54 PM

Pushing for a boycott usually gets the product more exposure,more business,i hear. It got me looking for other forums I had not seen.
Some with less content/activity,seem to respond faster to a mouse click.
This one is very slow for me,sometime stuck with dialup connection.
Lots of personal clashes here,some nasty language, I keep the girls away.

Old 06-15-2012, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by happythree
Pushing for a boycott usually gets the product more exposure,more business,i hear. It got me looking for other forums I had not seen.
Some with less content/activity,seem to respond faster to a mouse click.
This one is very slow for me,sometime stuck with dialup connection.
Lots of personal clashes here,some nasty language, I keep the girls away.
its the amount of adds, they are horrible. I usually look through other forums after clicking a thread on this one while it loads lol