PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Pioneer AVIC-D3

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 04:43 PM
Default RE: Pioneer AVIC-D3

Sold . . . to Hummerhead!

Old 04-07-2008, 08:44 PM

question for you: if i don't use OnStar and have no intentions to do so, do i still need the Metra GMOS-04 harness?

Old 04-07-2008, 09:37 PM

ORIGINAL: Evadd

question for you: if i don't use OnStar and have no intentions to do so, do i still need the Metra GMOS-04 harness?
I am going to say yes. It also passes the chimes to the speakers. I like this harness because it includes all the signaling (reverse, speed, parking brake, lights, ignition 12v) in one harness. If you install a navigation system, this harness is a must!

Old 07-04-2008, 07:56 AM

Hey thanks for the write up and nice pic's. Thetwo questions I have yet to find an answer for is where to put the VSS (Blue/Pink) wire from the GM0S-04 on the car.Also,because we have the Monsoon system we dont use the speaker out wires on the head unit but rather weuse the RCA preamp connectors on the GMOS-04 and connect the the preamp output RCA on the head unit, correct?

Old 07-04-2008, 11:09 AM

The GMOS-04 was designed for vehicles with the Monsoon system.

I am using the RCA preamp connectors. There is a preamp built into the GMOS-04, but don't turn it up too much . . . it will have engine/alternator noise.

The VSS (blue/pink) wire on the GMOS-04 connects to the speed sensor wire on the radio (pink on the AVIC-D3). It is used to provide accurate speed to GPS units.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:10 PM

hey man!!

great minds think alike as they say!!! i was getting sick of the perforated buttons on the stock monsoon 6 pack cd player and went with the avic-d3 WHAT AN AWESOME SYSTEM pairing it with the gmos simply perfect!!!!!! the more i am reading in these forums the more i am seeing a lot of similarities with each vehicle....... now my next mod is exhaust cat back systems. I am looking for the LOUDEST one possible..........

Old 11-04-2008, 01:21 PM

I hope you are going to be happy with the AVIC-D3
I have this exact unit in my VW R-32 and I have been very pleased with it so far.
I have sent Pioneer a couple of e-mails concerning a newer disc for this head unit.
I live on a street in Reno, NV that is only about three years old and it doesn't show up on my unit
Pioneers software is older than when my street was built
Other than a few particulars, the AVIC-D3 is a fine and clean looking unit and works great.

I have a 5 speed trans too, and just chopped about a inch from the shift lever
It was too tall for my likings. even the service manager at Winkel Hummer in Reno noticed it and like it as well
You seem to have a lot of equipment in your truck, I'm sure your shift lever gets in your way

Old 11-04-2008, 03:13 PM

hi there everyone\

i have a stock h3 2008 solar flare but i need to install the pioneer navigator into it can u please tell me where to buy it i checked ebay theres nothing and approx. how much is it ??? and is fixing it hard or easy\\
\thanks for all ur help in advance

amir uae

Old 11-04-2008, 05:13 PM

How much was the AVIC-D3? I gotmy AVIC-Z3 for $1250 brand new.

Old 11-05-2008, 12:29 PM

i got a great deal from future shop on my d3 system. Their was a sale on the unit plus an install for 1200 including the ipod quick connect and gmos system to connect to the factory gm comp......plus a rebate that was used, and then, i had brought some good hagglers in on behalf of myself, (those silly newf's, good fell'ers) whom ended up dropping the price down a bit more. So without getting the guy from future shop fired lets just say that i ended up for'er under a gee.....

Quick Reply: Pioneer AVIC-D3