PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Pictures of my Almost New H3 Alpha

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 01:06 PM

Tainter, Broken Halo: It is the new "Hummer Math".
We take the miles we drove and divide by the gallons we had to fill up with.
Then we add 3.6 mpg to that number to get our final MPG figure.

The 3.6 comes from a Hummer Chart that says to add 3.6 MPG to your total if you have a Blue Hummer or a Hummer with Blue added to it because everyone knows it is a fact that a Hummer with Blue on it goes faster, climbs further, and gets better gas mileage than a Hummer without Blue.

mgoblue and I both subscribe to this math because we have "Blue". We read this somewhere on the Internet. You can "Trust" us.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:51 PM

20 MPG..... new math, special gas and a tailwind while drafting behind a line of truckers. Cali? Must be adding medical marijuana to the gas out there now too along with the ethenol lol. Add Cali gas + lock truck into 4 HIGH= 20mpg.

Last edited by beachbum; 11-11-2012 at 01:56 PM.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:26 PM

beachbum, I didn't even think about drafting and adding the marijauna to the gas. We might have a new "high" for Hummers.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by ttyndall
Tainter, Broken Halo: It is the new "Hummer Math".
We take the miles we drove and divide by the gallons we had to fill up with.
Then we add 3.6 mpg to that number to get our final MPG figure.

The 3.6 comes from a Hummer Chart that says to add 3.6 MPG to your total if you have a Blue Hummer or a Hummer with Blue added to it because everyone knows it is a fact that a Hummer with Blue on it goes faster, climbs further, and gets better gas mileage than a Hummer without Blue.

mgoblue and I both subscribe to this math because we have "Blue". We read this somewhere on the Internet. You can "Trust" us.
We just sold a Midnight Metallic Blue 2008 H3 Alpha and I guess we didn't ever hear of such a thing as "magic beans for blue HUMMERs". Still not believing the MPGs.

I can see how that michigan fan got it incorrect with those rimz-n rubber bands that don't look to be as tall as the OEM tires and also being a michigan fan. But I'm not exactly sure how you are getting the best mileage EVER from an H3/H3T Alpha

Old 11-12-2012, 06:10 AM
Thumbs up

If you're referring to me as "that michigan fan", I'm OK with that. I'm actually an alum (class of '85, Ross School of Business.....hence the "85" on my user name). Basic math skills such as subtraction and division are highly regarded at most B1G universities, even at the University of Michigan. In advanced classes we actually were tested on "real-life" math stuff like calculating mpg...oh wait, that may have been in 4th or 5th grade instead.

I am posting a photo of the "rubber bands" next to the OEM's to show how much shorter the Nitto's are.

I see why most people who don't have off-road capable vehicles regard those who do as rednecks and idiots.....plenty of posts on these forums to support that view.

Attached Thumbnails Pictures of my Almost New H3 Alpha-new-vs-old.jpg  
Old 11-15-2012, 10:17 AM

TAINTER, this is for all the Non-Believers.
I filled up this morning after using the H3 for to and from work, going to Five Guys Burgers, carrying customers around yesterday in real estate.
I took a picture of the dash showing the mileage at 219.6 miles since last fillup.
I took a picture of the gas pump showing 12.787 gallons.
219.6 / 12787 = 17.17 miles per gallon.
And that is before I change spark plugs, all fluids and install my Air Doc CAI and my Magnaflow Catback this weekend. I want to get them done before I get the PCM tuned.

I will repost after I get everything installed and then another post once the PCM is tuned. It will be interesting to see if and how much difference they make.