PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Pics of the ride sans badges!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 02:31 PM
Default Pics of the ride sans badges!

Yesterday I decided to go to Walmart, buy the cheapest fishing line I could find and just take off the last little bit of bling on the ride....those pesky emblems! I think it looks better now!

The sun was bright as hell today, so the pics look hazy

Old 03-15-2010, 03:49 PM

why do I not see any pics?

Old 03-15-2010, 04:23 PM

not sure...I'm lookin' at em right now

Old 03-15-2010, 04:52 PM

Well this is strange?? Now they work....

Anyway, I have been thinking of doing this for months. I think I might put this on Saturdays list of chores.

looks good!

Old 03-15-2010, 09:57 PM

sweet any particular reason why you would want to do that? and when you put them back on for any reason will you be complaining? just wandering

Old 03-15-2010, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by 2wheelmonster
sweet any particular reason why you would want to do that? and when you put them back on for any reason will you be complaining? just wandering
I have to agree as well why take them off, its more of a hassle then what its worth in my opinion. If you go to sell the car in the future, some people are crazy about markings and badges and you may end up having to put them back on and getting them back on may be a pain to do. They arent really flashy, every car has badges except the riced out honda's where the kids take off the emblems. On side note I like the grille and rims.

Old 03-16-2010, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Tonyg41
I have to agree as well why take them off, its more of a hassle then what its worth in my opinion. If you go to sell the car in the future, some people are crazy about markings and badges and you may end up having to put them back on and getting them back on may be a pain to do. They arent really flashy, every car has badges except the riced out honda's where the kids take off the emblems. On side note I like the grille and rims.
It was just one of those days....I woke up, walked outside and took a look at my ride and said "I'm gonna take those emblems off today!" so I did lol....about midway through I wasn't sure what made me want to do it, but it was too late....

Screw the next owner....I may just keep it forever!

Old 03-16-2010, 09:39 AM

I can't see the pictures. they get blocked at work, but i'm sure it looks nice. If you like your rig w/o emblems, that's cool

good luck!

Old 03-16-2010, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by largemouthbass
Well this is strange?? Now they work....

Anyway, I have been thinking of doing this for months. I think I might put this on Saturdays list of chores.

looks good!
It was really easy....30lb fishing line, some gloves, a good thumb nail to get the loose adhesive off and some actual adhesive remover to get the rest off....don't waste your time with a hair dryer...no need

Old 03-16-2010, 12:19 PM

I like it, too. I took the H3 and GM badges off my Yellow '06. You have already established youself by merely BUYING a Hummer. Do with it as you please !!!

Quick Reply: Pics of the ride sans badges!