PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Pics Of My little Photoshoot

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 03:29 PM
Default RE: Pics Of My little Photoshoot

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

This one is really disturbing. Poor H2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwvvO...eature=related

Poor H3 you mean. That jump was BAD AZZ though!

Old 04-30-2008, 03:33 PM

Two points:

Fish, ya got me on the IFS.
Doc, I don't know what happened to shift levers. My friends new Dodge Power Wagon has them and I'm envious.

But... I have not seen a set of lock-out hubs on a stockerfor quite a while. I wonder why they stopped using them?

Old 04-30-2008, 04:11 PM
CWS

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

This one is really disturbing. Poor H2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwvvO...eature=related
I didn't know "The General Lee" was a Hummer. Driver must think he's from the Ducks of Hazard.

Cliff

quack

Old 04-30-2008, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator

When I had my '99 Isuzu Rodeo, it has a seperate shifter for 4WD High and Low, but a button for 2WD to 4WD.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:10 PM

wow, your truck looks SICK! Great job

Old 04-30-2008, 08:10 PM

Forgive me for being too young (25) But what was the point of locking hubs anyway? I am assuming they would just keep you from coasting for better engine braking???

And I really do miss having shift leavers. My Dodge Durango had them. And really would prefer to have them on my H2. The bottom line is Push Button 4 wheel drives will always have problems engageing eventually.

Old 05-01-2008, 04:03 AM

the first pic looks pretty cool. i like all the lights

Old 05-01-2008, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator

HNB:
If your front hubs do not have the ability to unlock (either manually or by auto sensing), even if we had a T Case that would let us select 2WD, the front axle shafts and drive shaft would continue to spin by virtue of the rotating front tires. Defeating much of the purpose of getting out of AWD/4WD for economy on road.

When in a 2WD mode, the front hubs could "unlock" and free wheel at the hub, no spinning of the axle and front drive shafts, and just power to the rear wheels. Boosts mpg byeliminating all that front drive line power or dragbeing used when not needed. [&o]

IMO this should have been a nobrainer for the Hummer line, there would be no need to have manual locking hubs, they have been making and perfected auto locking hubs back in the late 80s.

Old 05-01-2008, 05:19 PM

Doc, back o what you were saying about the AWD I couldn't agree more, and 2WD, if there was a 2WD option on hummers, would be funner in snowy parking lots. That is the ONLY thing I like about fgay cruisers

Old 05-12-2008, 09:14 PM

jeepeater i love thepics and i love ur ride even more, i was wondering what are ur spec ex: wheels and tires size , what kind of leveling kit, what kind of wheels what kind of tires, what kind of front bush guard, what kind of winch.... not trying to copy but would like to use ur rig for ideas... thanks alot man.. love ur ride, think its the coolest one on the site!

Quick Reply: Pics Of My little Photoshoot