PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Performance Chips

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 05:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TAINTER
More garbage advice from YOU! have you ever had a Jet chip? or PCM4less tune? Not that you have ever stated so how can you recommend it!

Having the PCM4less tune on an I5 I can say you will see a difference in performance due to the shift point changes esp. if you have larger than stock tires. They will also correct your speedo too. I got mine when it was $200 not sure of the price now.

I will say it has been the best investment other than rock rails, under-body protection and 315s!

Wait a minute wait a minute... you just told me I give garbage advice, yet you completely agreed with what I've said? Contradictory much?

Just because I haven't put a PCM4less on my HUMMER doesnt mean I dont know about them, and cant speak on behalf of them. They have been making tunes for GM vehicles for YEARS now... so I have a bit of knowledge on them.

Old 09-04-2010, 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by 85_305
Wait a minute wait a minute... you just told me I give garbage advice, yet you completely agreed with what I've said? Contradictory much?

Just because I haven't put a PCM4less on my HUMMER doesnt mean I dont know about them, and cant speak on behalf of them. They have been making tunes for GM vehicles for YEARS now... so I have a bit of knowledge on them

Those chips are garbage. I would stick with Jet, or prefferably PCM4less. PCM4less is THE way to go as far as I'm concerned..
So you have one on your 85? If not you can only spew what you have read on other forums? Right? If so you have no "real world" to you "data", not even seat of the pants "data". Maybe your buddy with his F150 blah, blah, blah has or had one? Don't think so.

Please, try to post about something you actually have firsthand knowledge of. There are plenty of people on forums such as this that are looking for advice from people who have/had the particular items they are asking about. Not your opinion….”Those chips are garbage”.

Oh, yeah! Tell me about BTM-ing and your "real world" trials of it! Start a new thread and tell teh whole forum about your experience with BTM-ing!

Old 09-04-2010, 07:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by TAINTER
So you have one on your 85? If not you can only spew what you have read on other forums? Right? If so you have no "real world" to you "data", not even seat of the pants "data". Maybe your buddy with his F150 blah, blah, blah has or had one? Don't think so.

Please, try to post about something you actually have firsthand knowledge of. There are plenty of people on forums such as this that are looking for advice from people who have/had the particular items they are asking about. Not your opinion….”Those chips are garbage”.

Oh, yeah! Tell me about BTM-ing and your "real world" trials of it! Start a new thread and tell teh whole forum about your experience with BTM-ing!

So wait a minute.. just because I dont have a 10" lift on my truck, I cant write about it? Just because I dont have lockers on my truck, I cant write about it. Just because I dont have a rear view camera on my truck, I cant write about it? I dont understand.. last I looked, knowledge is knowledge.

No I haven't had an '85 anything since I was 14 years old. But yes when I had my Z28, the LS1 and LT1 guys were all over the PCM4less tunes. They are even a forum sponsor for one of my forums. Plus I've seen dyno tunes and seen enough real world experience to tell you what I've witnessed and how good it is/isn't.

As far as btm'ing, it's actually rather effective. What I've noticed though is sometimes its better to let the tcs do the work, but often times when tcs cannot accomplish the task BTM'ing will do it. It's a toss-up, and you need to play with both for each given situation.

Now if you'll please get off my nuts and stop searching for my posts and leave me alone, it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by 85_305; 09-11-2010 at 09:52 PM.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:43 AM

knowledge is knowledge but knowledge isnt experience, nor is knowledge intelligence. Knowledge is a commodity for those who lack experience.

Old 09-05-2010, 08:56 AM
Banned

This is true, but you can have eons of experience, but with no approved knowledge I can bet you wont get into a job denoting it

Old 09-05-2010, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Widespread Hummer
knowledge is knowledge but knowledge isnt experience, nor is knowledge intelligence. Knowledge is a commodity for those who lack experience.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Old 09-09-2010, 07:36 PM

Well here is my final word on the Jet Stage 1 module. I am getting ready to trade in my
H3 this weekend. i found a couple of 2008 Chevy Suburban 2500 3/4 tons to look at. I removed most of the stuff including the Jet Mod. this evening. You better Believe it makes a difference! I took out the H3 after removal and i felt it immediately! I will be selling the Jet for $100.00 with shipping included. check the classifieds.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:28 PM
Banned

How much of a difference? Lol. I'm very interested in buying it.

Old 09-10-2010, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by 85_305
How much of a difference? Lol. I'm very interested in buying it.
Well, the stumble/bog on hard take off is gone asap but thats what alittle Timing advance will do.

Old 09-10-2010, 07:09 PM

Hey, how about those Cowboys ?

Quick Reply: Performance Chips