PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Performance Chips

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 08:17 PM
Default Performance Chips

Howdy-Boys(or Girls)- BTW, first post on the board. Anybody out there chip their h3? If so what kind of change did you see? I would love to squeeze a few more ponies out of this thing and was looking for a little feedback on the subject.

Old 09-03-2006, 08:38 PM
Default RE: Performance Chips

So far, there are none specifically for the H3. We are all still waiting.

Old 09-03-2006, 11:42 PM

[sm=icon_ladiesman.gif]

Afew have had their pcm reprogrammed for more hp, Maybe Dennis can fill you in, he was the first I know of to have it done.

Old 09-03-2006, 11:56 PM

Thanks for the plug Mike..Yes I did, but it was a lab set up and with dyno checks of the progress..Mine was conservitivly tuned to keep with 89 octane..I noted higher top end power in the passing performance and lower end take off power.....Anyways, Jet Performance is coming out soon with a plug and play unit very soon.

Old 09-04-2006, 12:25 AM

Mine was conservitivly tuned to keep with 89 octane..I noted higher top end power in the passing performance and lower end take off power...
I thought that the owner's manual stated that the H3 is able to use 87 octane or better, so couldn't any H3 use 89 octane without tuning?

Old 09-04-2006, 12:35 AM

That is true Auria..But the car will not benifit from the 89 or higher octane, as it is not tuned for it..The stock program is for 87 octane and will run it's best with that and not better with 89 or higher no worse but no better..Nine was specifically tuned for 89 octane or higer..
I hope I got you to understand that.

Old 09-04-2006, 01:26 AM
Super Moderator

I take this back. I found 87 octane at alot of stations around here, just not ones I normally go to. I went actually searching for them this weekend and found probably half of the ones in my suburban area have 87, so, I switched back.

Dennis: One of the first threads I read when I joined was the whole situation where that guy tuned your computer and vanished for a week and then came back saying you had to contact a company or something for anymore info. I was a little ticked when I read that. All that to be a pawn in someone's money-making scheme.

Old 09-04-2006, 01:48 AM

Exactly how I felt..I did get a reprogram for free..but still I don't feel good that the rest of the forum members didn't get a piece of the action before he went commerical...Oh well, the song by Jefferson Airplane, Grace Slick (White Rabbit..go ask Alice) keeps running through my head now[sm=outcold.gif]

Old 09-04-2006, 01:57 AM
Super Moderator

So you basically kept sending your ECU to this guy, or you actually met up with him to do all of this? I'm surprised he didn't have you sign a NDA, but I guess the company he sold the info to probably made him sign one and that's why he couldn't talk anymore. At least I'm taking one for the team and using my own H3 as a guinea pig (which by the way I will be burning off the rest of my 93 octane tomorrow and going back to 89 since it obviously doesnt do crap but give me a little tiny more power and valve noise I didn't have before)

Now, on to the new alternator and electric turbo fan jK!

Old 09-24-2006, 12:27 AM

He sent me a brand new one that was tuned with my VIN installed and I sent him my core unit ( he at least trusted me to send it to me first and charged me nothing for trying it out..so I can't complain...I wish it was more responsive at the low end of the RPM range as it was at peak RPM..... all I had to do was take it to my dealer to recalibrate the Crank posiston sensor or something like that...I would like to try out the Kelly and Alvin's unit and see if there is a difference...Wonder if they'd let me try it out in the same way for a testimoial as comparison to the tune I got right now from the other guy?...If it turned out to be a better tune, then I would really endorse them, as I have one now that's tuned, so I really could tell if theirs was better and more comprehensive.