PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

PCMforless Hummer Forum SALE

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 12:28 AM
Default RE: PCMforless Hummer Forum SALE

I wish i could get in on this but i want to wait till i get my new rims and tires which won't be till this summer when i get a job

Old 03-22-2008, 10:13 AM

Ordered mine last night! I thought it best to just send my chip in...I have other transpo I can use for a few days...with all you other guys using up the cores, I didn't want to wait a couple of weeks to get mine

Old 03-22-2008, 04:08 PM

Do you need to run anything other than regular 87 octane on the new tune?

Old 03-22-2008, 06:55 PM

ORIGINAL: alphadogg

I think this is the first tune for the V8 so there might not be any "numbers" available. I'm just looking for the improvement in performance and a slight gain in mpg if I can get it. I’ve spent $139 on more foolish things, like dinner for two. To me this is a no brainer.
Uhhhh there has to be numbers and I WOULDN'T BUY IT if there weren't. The reason there has to be numbers is becasue they like other programers would tune then test then tune some more then test they need the dyno to see if they made any imporvements or not.........see what I am saying other wise how would they wouldn't know when they had the programing tweaked just right.?

Old 03-22-2008, 07:59 PM

Maybe there are numbers but I didn’t ask because I’m buying the upgrade regardless. You can call Kelly and ask her but I think the numbers would only be estimates anyway.

When I had my Powerstroke Diesel I installed a TS Performance 6 position chip and supposedly got a certain HP increase for each position but when I put my truck on the dyno that wasn’t the case. Therewere many factors you had to consider such as tire size, air intake, exhaust,tubro, etc.

So they could tell you that you’ll see a gain of up to 50hp but in reality you might never see that. Every truck might be different according the modifications that are on the vehicle.

Old 03-23-2008, 08:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Brodie

Do you need to run anything other than regular 87 octane on the new tune?
You choose! Whatever you are comfortable with running is what we tune it for. If you shoot for midgrade or premium that gives us more room to make improvements, but several H3 folks stick with 87 (who can blame them, gas prices and all) and the gains are still there.

ORIGINAL: alphadogg

I think this is the first tune for the V8 so there might not be any "numbers" available. I'm just looking for the improvement in performance and a slight gain in mpg if I can get it. I’ve spent $139 on more foolish things, like dinner for two. To me this is a no brainer.
Nah not the first V8!

ORIGINAL: D VADER

Kelly,
I had a crank re-learn after installing your PCM. Did that affect my tune?

Bob
Bob, if they strictly did the CASE relearn then no it's not affected!

ORIGINAL: H threeAlpha

i think my queston was overlooked but in my opinion one of the most important.What are we getting for our money?
[so what kind of gains are they seeing on the v8 out of the tune????? were the hp numbers for the I5 only ???]

Gains would be around 15hp for the V8.

Old 03-24-2008, 05:49 AM
CWO

Thanks dooks88

CWO

Old 03-24-2008, 10:51 AM

I just ordered mine , I am also sending mine in as I have a car to drive this week. They are out of the office today , so i didnt get to talk to kelly yet.

Old 03-24-2008, 03:54 PM

I got tired of waiting. I did the PCM tune about a month ago. It is certainly a noticeable improvement.
Well worth the money in my book. I got lucky and didn't even have to do the security relearn on the loaner or my new tune.
At the group buy rate it is a bargain!

Old 03-27-2008, 07:58 PM

Just got my Magnaflow in today and just placed my order with PCMforless, can't wait to get it all installed!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: PCMforless Hummer Forum SALE