PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

pcm4less along with superchips vivid

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 06:03 PM
Default pcm4less along with superchips vivid

Hey guys I am thinking of purchasing this new tuning device,I have an efan with the pcm4less tuned pcm and tcm. I am wondering if I use the vivid programmer by superchips will my efan still operate correctly. Its says it will store your stock settings so I am assuming it will store and save the pcm4less tune and just add more versatility jst worried about the efan not working.. thanks
mike

Old 12-06-2011, 09:22 PM

According to everything I have read about the Superchips tuners you will NOT want to have a "tuned" PCM and also use any of their tuners. I think the issues would be compounded with the PCM4less e-fan. Might want to contact 1 or both companies and see what they say.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:00 PM

yeah I called both today, neither one knows anything about the other so they didnt have an answer for me lol I was thinking that the efan is wires directly into the pcm so why should what ever setting in that ever change, the superchips vivid has no fan control (ithink) so it shouldnt change the temp, maybe I should just give it a try and see what happens lol annyone have any ideas

Old 12-07-2011, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by whynot
yeah I called both today, neither one knows anything about the other so they didnt have an answer for me lol I was thinking that the efan is wires directly into the pcm so why should what ever setting in that ever change, the superchips vivid has no fan control (ithink) so it shouldnt change the temp, maybe I should just give it a try and see what happens lol annyone have any ideas
PCM for less tuned in a custom Efan patch so that your Efan will work.... I think your assumption is a good one, change that patch, and no Efan control.