PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

PCM Tune

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 09:19 PM
Default RE: PCM Tune

Kelly....would it be beneficial for me to wait to purchase the PCMforless until I've done all of my customizations (exhaust, tires/rims, intake, etc...)? If not, could you please explain why? Thanks in advance.

Old 02-26-2007, 11:20 PM

ORIGINAL: RutDogg

Kelly....would it be beneficial for me to wait to purchase the PCMforless until I've done all of my customizations (exhaust, tires/rims, intake, etc...)? If not, could you please explain why? Thanks in advance.
Damn good question RutDogg........Thanks for asking it.

Also, since Wednesday is the deadline for the disounted purchase price, if we purchase now, how long before we have to do the deed.

In other words, I can purchase tomorrow but it may be weeks before I have the time to do the swap/ship.....

Based on my past experience trying to get a factory radio programmed around here, I better stay away from the CASE re-learn.....

Thanks.

Old 02-27-2007, 12:44 AM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

Just want to thank you again Kelly and Alvin...I just got through reading that trash on the other turd forum..My hat's off to you guys for stickin with the bashing and holding your ground..that One Beotch is someone that needs to be bitchslapped..
AWD or FWD? which isit?? [:@]
that was an interesting read. although, i do have to agree (not sure who posted it) that the hypertech programming is $hit except for shift firmness and tire size. the rest is about as useful as **** on a boar.

Old 02-27-2007, 12:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Gunner_45

Damn good question RutDogg........Thanks for asking it.

Also, since Wednesday is the deadline for the disounted purchase price, if we purchase now, how long before we have to do the deed.

In other words, I can purchase tomorrow but it may be weeks before I have the time to do the swap/ship.....
That's fine with me...as long as the order is placed before that date (paid for and order sheet filled out) it doesn't matter how long it takes you to send your PCM in.

ORIGINAL: RutDogg

Hey, depends on how long before getting these modifications. Things like exhaust/intake are not a big deal, I can just set the tune up for them now. I can do that for tire size as well, but if you weren't going to get tires for 6 months, you might not want to have the speedometer reading for them ahead of time. We do update our flashes though for $50 (in case you change tire size, modifications, or want something changed down the road). The tune can help you any step of the way whether you just brought it home from the dealership, or have already purchased everything from the parts catalog

ORIGINAL: CCMDoc

One question: If my dealer had re-flashed my PCM (why he would, I don't know, but it has been in a few times since my tune) would the re-flash also reset my speedo recalibration for 35" tires back to the oem 33's?

Thanks
Yes, if he reflashed it you would know. Your speedo would be off again and your shifting would be back to stock, along with everything else. If this happens just give me a call, I'll reflash it again free just pay shipping.

ORIGINAL: shortbus
that was an interesting read. although, i do have to agree (not sure who posted it) that the hypertech programming is $hit except for shift firmness and tire size. the rest is about as useful as **** on a boar.
I agree as well that hypertech is not beneficial, although the person who posted that was equating us to hypertech, which is not true at all. What we offer is a full tune from start to finish, not just shift settings and tire sizes.

Old 02-27-2007, 12:46 PM

ORIGINAL: kelly@pcmforless

ORIGINAL: shortbus
I agree as well that hypertech is not beneficial, although the person who posted that was equating us to hypertech, which is not true at all. What we offer is a full tune from start to finish, not just shift settings and tire sizes.
oh, i know what you offer, i'm not questioning that, but since i don't own an H3 it doesn't do me much good. the hypertech was available, and all i really wanted was an accurate speedometer. adding a 10% performance gain to a cinderblock still gets you a cinderblock, so i didn't expect much else.

Old 02-28-2007, 01:34 AM

Kelly and Alvin Rock!!! [sm=icon_rock.gif] [sm=icon_ladiesman.gif]

Old 02-28-2007, 10:21 AM

Can we drive to you, or are you mail in only?

Old 02-28-2007, 01:38 PM

ORIGINAL: excel25

Can we drive to you, or are you mail in only?
Sure if your local you can call and make an appointment to swing by.

Old 02-28-2007, 04:01 PM

How long does it take? I,m from Spartanburg ,SC

Old 03-01-2007, 01:30 AM

Maybe 30 minutes total?