PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

PCM Tune

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 12:36 PM
Default PCM Tune

I was wondering who has it and if it is worth it? What exactly is done? Isn't it just like a handheld tuner or is itmore involved? Would like before/after comparisons if you have em. Thanks.

Old 02-25-2007, 10:38 PM
Default RE: PCM Tune

Ours isn't a handheld, we do the tuning for you to the PCM. We make about 50-60 changes to the PCM including but not limited to timing, air/fuel, speedometer, transmission settings, rev limiter, speed limiter, and the list goes on. It makes a pretty good difference in everyday driveability as well as wide open throttle.

Old 02-25-2007, 10:41 PM

I have heard nothing but good things from PCM for Less. Do a search on this forum, there is tons of info on it

Old 02-26-2007, 01:41 AM

kelly or alvin
have yall done any 07 w/ the 3.7L ?
or is there no difference between the 3.5 and 3.7
as far as the tune goes

thanks

Old 02-26-2007, 11:49 AM

ORIGINAL: kild1

kelly or alvin
have yall done any 07 w/ the 3.7L ?
or is there no difference between the 3.5 and 3.7
as far as the tune goes

thanks
Small differences (PCM included) but we are ready to go on the 2007s!

Old 02-26-2007, 12:48 PM

Just want to thank you again Kelly and Alvin...I just got through reading that trash on the other turd forum..My hat's off to you guys for stickin with the bashing and holding your ground..that One Beotch is someone that needs to be bitchslapped..
AWD or FWD? which isit?? [:@]

Old 02-26-2007, 01:08 PM

If I send in my PCM and put my original back in I don’t need the CASE relearn do I? Also I saw in another post the cost was 150 for the programming but on the website its 200. What is the cost?

Old 02-26-2007, 01:11 PM

The case relearn/security relearnMAY be needed just for the LOANER while yours is being tuned..once you get your original PCM back all tuned, it will work flawlessly without problems.. CASE relearn is masked by Alvin's loaner tune, so you don't get the check engine light (won't hurt a thing not having it calibrated)
TheSECURITY relearn if needed on the Loaner, will keep your car from starting...The loaner comes with a set of instructions on how to go through the 30 minute relearn process...Mine didn't need it done

Sorry to step in Alvin..I know I had these very same questions before and now I'm PCM SAVY

Old 02-26-2007, 01:37 PM

ORIGINAL: simian

If I send in my PCM and put my original back in I don’t need the CASE relearn do I? Also I saw in another post the cost was 150 for the programming but on the website its 200. What is the cost?
The Hummer Forum special is $149. You do not need the CASE relearn for your original PCM, it only applies to the core program. I am PM'ing you the link.

ORIGINAL: Dennis

Just want to thank you again Kelly and Alvin...I just got through reading that trash on the other turd forum..My hat's off to you guys for stickin with the bashing and holding your ground..that One Beotch is a poorest excuse for a woman...Now there is someone that needs to be bitchslapped..
AWD or FWD? which isit?? what a ho!!!!
Oy, a mistake in nomenclature got me a lot of heat. It's not like I don't know - I deal with oh, probably 40-50 different vehicle models every day, sue me if I accidently call it AWD instead of 4WD...you would have thought I told them H3 was made by Ford or something.

Old 02-26-2007, 06:16 PM

All of that was simply unnecessary and non-productive. I am pleased with my tune for the reasons stated there regardless of actual hp and lb-ft I may have gained.

One question: If my dealer had re-flashed my PCM (why he would, I don't know, but it has been in a few times since my tune) would the re-flash also reset my speedo recalibration for 35" tires back to the oem 33's?

Thanks

Quick Reply: PCM Tune