PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

PCM reflashed - I think ...

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 07:08 PM
Default PCM reflashed - I think ...

Arrrggghhh!!!
Have been very pleased with my PCMforless reprogram.
Brought the H3 in for "C" service (18,000 miles since December) and to add the oem brushguard. $1,000 bucks later I am driving down the road, minding my own business and the check engine light comes on.I noticed a little "burble" and rough idle after shutting down andrestarting and called the dealer to have it checked out.
As I am waiting for what is supposed to be a 5 minute code check, the service guy walks by about an hour later and tells me "The tech had to re-flash the PCM and recheck the codes but it shouldn't be but another 10 minutes." I was surprised to hear that, but said nothing. The tech came out and told me that he had to change a throttle body because the butterfly was intermittently sticking, but said nothing about the PCM reflash. I had to leave since I was already late by 2 hours now and the tech hsa already left for the day.
I guess I'll get a good idea of whether he did or didn't reflash the PCM when I turn on my GPS and compare speedo to GPS mph (had it retuned for 35" tires and was dead-on).

Sent an email to PCMforless to ask how to handle a "fix" if necessary.

Just whining, here - thanks for listening.
Paul

Old 03-31-2007, 05:54 PM
Default RE: PCM reflashed - I think ...

It's no problem Paul (and to the rest of you for future information). If this happens at the dealership, just send the PCM back, cover shipping and we will reflash it for no cost. If you can't be without the truck, we can lend you a PCM in the meantime.

Old 03-31-2007, 09:03 PM
Default RE: PCM reflashed - I think ...

ORIGINAL: Alvin@pcmforless.com

It's no problem Paul (and to the rest of you for future information). If this happens at the dealership, just send the PCM back, cover shipping and we will reflash it for no cost. If you can't be without the truck, we can lend you a PCM in the meantime.
Hi Alvin,

Kelly had emailed me the same, thanks for the support [sm=smiley20.gif]. I may ask for the loaner or just settle for driving my other car[sm=gears.gif]while the PCM is re-re-flashed. I'll figure it out this week.

Thanks again,
Paul

Thanks,
Paul