PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Patrick!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Patrick!!!

Ok then, do we have a union contract that says seniority means something. Who is the union rep?, we gotta talk.
If being around a long time was the measure, I should be President???????????

Old 10-31-2007, 10:29 AM

just my personal feelings is all......for all the **** I have done for this site over the last year and a half I will leave if someone here less than me gets the admin position. Not a joke, not a threat, just facts.

Old 10-31-2007, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator

That's what I told him as well. I think because you were busy with your new baby at the time and not around much is why he brought it up to me. I told him I'd think about it, but that was when you had your new baby. I would talk to him about it. I honestly don't think I want to anyway. I'm not here on the weekends, I don't sign on when I'm at home, and lately at work I've been so busy I can't really justify being here too much unless things slow down, which doesnt look likeit will happen for the next year or so.

If you are on here more now, I'd talk to him about it. I'd rather it be you then me, but it's just a internet forum, it's not a job. You are doing it for free, so I wouldn't be wrapped up in it if I were you.

Old 10-31-2007, 02:57 PM
Super Moderator

I think we need somebody, for sure when, like now, Patrick is out of town at a show. The shoe guy is an azzzwhipe, and if we had a troll or two, we would look prety stupid, at least stupider than usual.

I do not think "stupider" is a word, so see what I mean

Old 10-31-2007, 08:19 PM

Even when Patrick is at work this site is one of the smallest ones that he runs....he has to spend here and it takes away from his bigger boards. That's why Denise was put into power in the first place. I think that has left a sour taste in his mouth though...for which I can't blame him I guess.

Old 10-31-2007, 09:29 PM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

just my personal feelings is all......for all the **** I have done for this site over the last year and a half I will leave if someone here less than me gets the admin position. Not a joke, not a threat, just facts.
Someone who may not have been here as long as you may have experience being an admin, sometimes, promotion can be based on experience... Im kinda suprised you made such a statement. I really thought you had a little more desire for the site than personal gain...

Old 10-31-2007, 09:37 PM

It almost sounds "Dennis-like"... Please rethink this... I know you're better than that...

Old 10-31-2007, 11:02 PM

just my personal opinion is all....might not be agreed upon by the masses but such is life. I made that statement out of experience...I was an admin/on the board of directorson a private site with over 5000 members, had over 40,000 posts and had to schedule a rally every year where 300 or so guys would come from all over the country for a 4 day event....I'm not a newb to this world....I do see where you are coming from, and that's cool if that's the way you feel...as a former union leader (AFL-CIO) I do not feel the same way...I feel promotions should be given out (or offered) by seniority,rank,time served. I won't get offended if someone else is made admin..hell this is a privately owned site...but I also don't think I would bust my azz like I have in the past year and a half. This is all a moot point anyway...I highly doubt atrick is going to appoint another admin to this site....not after the last episode.

Old 11-01-2007, 07:32 AM
Super Moderator

Hey Jeremy. Buddy, Pal, Chum, Nancy....... I'm not sure if you are just sticking up for me because i'm like Carl from Slingblade moving rocks out of the trail for my truck, or you think he was being negative or whatever. I think you might have misunderstood him a little

Honestly, Mike has way more experience then I do at this. This is the first forum I've ever been a member of. I only belong to two others, and I don't even post at them really. I am a little more diplomatic, but I think this place could use somebody that bans first, asks questions later, since most of the crap we get now is people trying to come from the other site to PM members here, which I'm sure is happening like crazy now that Patrick is MIA.

I don't think Mike was trying to be negative, but I understand how he feels. I'd be pissed too if someone that has only been here a year was promoted over me. Like he said, it's not personal.It happens all the time where I work because I refuse to kiss the ***'s of my superiors so the ones that do kiss *** get the promotions which is fine. I don't kiss anybody's *** (unless it's my wife)

Now, if he said "HummerGuy is a loser and doesn't know his *** from his brain" well then, I'd bea little pissed, but that hasn't happened yet

Has anybody checked to see if he posted on his other forums? I know his name isn't the same on some of the other ones.

Old 11-01-2007, 09:14 AM

very well put Mike....wouldn't calling me Dennis like be as insulting as him calling drew one of "those" cops?[8D]

Quick Reply: Patrick!!!