PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Painted grill

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 02:40 PM
Default Painted grill

does anybody know where we can order a painted grill (like on the H3x) from GM or a GM parts distributer?
I'm talking about something along the lines of this, but for H3's instead: https://www.hummer-parts.com/product...34db572055b94e

I'm not sure if this is right either, but there are "painted grill packages" for the H3 listed on this site: https://www.hummer-parts.com/product...34db572055b94e
(specifically: http://www.hummerpartsonline.com/ind...rtnum=19156161 )

Old 09-30-2006, 02:59 PM
Default RE: Painted grill

I remember seeing these on ebay..they say they are painted from gm.

http://search.stores.ebay.com/Bill-D...307363QQsofpZ0

Old 09-30-2006, 09:08 PM

They have em here http://www.h2parts.com/

Old 09-30-2006, 10:52 PM

Yesterday when I was at the dealers for some routine service..I had a chance to mosey around the lot and look over the Hummer inventory...I have to say in all honesty, I did not like the H3X with the painted grilles, seemed like something was missing...Oh I know what it was, it was the lack of CHROME![sm=shades.gif].....And the spare tire suitcase on the rear..is horrible... it sticks out about another foot more than a normal tire cover...[:'(]

But that's my opinion and you're welcome to yours

Old 10-01-2006, 12:55 AM

Ghostrider, StarsnBars I owe you guys!![sm=hail.gif]

Dennis: I appreciate you looking out for me bro! I didn't know that the H3x's had hit the lots yet, I'm going to have to check one out before I'm sold on the black grill since you put it that way... but I figure since I'm going for the blacked out look on my lil prius, I think that the black grill & the SMA brushguard will look really really mean (at least I hope so, or else I will blow alot of money pretty soon)

Thanks guys, you rule

Old 10-01-2006, 01:15 AM

The ones I seen were color coded with the same body paint color...Maybe a blacked out one would look better

Old 10-01-2006, 02:01 AM

I've seen a black H2 with a black grille and it looks VERY nice. My Hummer dealer had 2 H3x's and I felt the same way as dennis actually. But I would say the only situation i could see it looking awesome was a totally blacked out rig.

I've been trying to picture what a ABS grille would look like..might look good on my white one.

Old 10-01-2006, 10:31 PM

ORIGINAL: Ghostrider

I've seen a black H2 with a black grille and it looks VERY nice. My Hummer dealer had 2 H3x's and I felt the same way as dennis actually. But I would say the only situation i could see it looking awesome was a totally blacked out rig.

I've been trying to picture what a ABS grille would look like..might look good on my white one.
I saw a silver H3 with a paint matched grill today as well as an orange H3x. The silver one didn't exactly captivate me to buy the grill, and the orange was just beat with an ugly stick from the factory but I'll probably order it anyway this week from that ebay link (it was the cheapest, thank you VERY much Ghost!)...

anyway, I've always thought that the 2 colors that looked the best with all painted body panels would be black and white.. so I'll try to get around to ordering that grill later this week and give a lil report after I get it put on

Which brings me to my next question: How do you take off the chrome grill on the H3? is it just the two screws on the top?

Old 10-01-2006, 10:48 PM

ORIGINAL: CerberusSVT

Which brings me to my next question: How do you take off the chrome grill on the H3? is it just the two screws on the top?
These are the two that you see near the middle top of the Grille..(10MM)

There is two of theses also on the far ends of the Grille...(10MM)

And last, there is two through the Grille in front..(10MM)

While you're at it might as well gaze at my engine too[sm=shades.gif]

Old 10-01-2006, 10:53 PM

holy chit you're fast!!!!!!! THANK YOU for doing that for me Dennis!![sm=hail.gif][sm=yeahsmile.gif]

Quick Reply: Painted grill