PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Paint Peeling on bottom of back doors?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 12:55 PM

I went through the car was yesterday and I noticed that water got through to that area, it was dripping wet. After I get the car washed I open the doors and wipe down the water b/c of my fear of this issue. I would bet that since water can easily get onto that part that this may have something to do with it. That combined w/a possible manufacturing flaw. I have a 2010 and live in Minnesota so we have rust issues w/our cars so I'm going to keep an eye on this checking it every time I change my oil.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by jvorpahl
I went through the car was yesterday and I noticed that water got through to that area, it was dripping wet. After I get the car washed I open the doors and wipe down the water b/c of my fear of this issue. I would bet that since water can easily get onto that part that this may have something to do with it. That combined w/a possible manufacturing flaw. I have a 2010 and live in Minnesota so we have rust issues w/our cars so I'm going to keep an eye on this checking it every time I change my oil.
The door weatherstriping is hollow and holds water. There are drain holes in it. After washing, I usually sqeeze the water out of it by running my thumbs from both side on the bottom of the door. All the excess water will squirt out. I doubt if this is contributing to the problem but it can't hurt.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:50 PM

Mine was painted by the dealer 6 monhs ago, looks to be rusting again

Also check the filler panel, this is above your back bumper only visable when you open the rear door.

Someone also reported having it on a 2009 or 2010.

Old 03-20-2012, 05:10 PM
Banned

imagine a picture of me spraying some BG products foaming lube in the hole in the back door. visualize it running along the bottom and dripping out at various places. i cant post pix today?? so you just imagine it!! im doing it on all lower sheet metal. the forum is taking forever to post .

Old 03-20-2012, 05:12 PM
Banned

some time it works,other times,,,

Attached Thumbnails Paint Peeling on bottom of back doors?-oil-rust.jpg  
Old 03-20-2012, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by drtom
imagine a picture of me spraying some BG products foaming lube in the hole in the back door. visualize it running along the bottom and dripping out at various places. i cant post pix today?? so you just imagine it!! im doing it on all lower sheet metal. the forum is taking forever to post .
I was thinking of doing the same thing, only using WD-40, but your BG In-Force looks like a better option. Where do you buy it?.....wait...let me guess....not...Walmart?

Old 03-20-2012, 07:16 PM
Banned

"a friend" who got it from "a guy" who i am sure stole it at work years ago!!
i have no idea where to get it but i also have another ? similar product. brain phart,cant remember!.

so just spray a heavy bodied juice that sticks. better than water huh!

Old 03-23-2012, 02:39 PM

Checked my doors today and no rust. 08 lux and living in the salt belt of Wisconsin.

Last edited by WNTRIDE; 03-23-2012 at 02:40 PM. Reason: .
Old 03-23-2012, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by WNTRIDE
Checked my doors today and no rust. 08 lux and living in the salt belt of Wisconsin.
Same here in Wisconson. I wash and wax my 08 Alpha regulary too.

Old 03-23-2012, 03:45 PM
Banned

washing and waxing is a very nice thing to do,,,but has nothing,zero, to do with rust that starts inside the doors.
your washing might make you feel good but probably contributes to moisture getting inside
and when it starts inside,,well by the time you see it,it now owns your door!
better spray,and thank the guys who noticed this.

and ,who knows whats best to use,,i sure dont

lps1,2 used to be good, displaced water. dont see it any more. LPS ??

Last edited by drtom; 03-23-2012 at 03:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Paint Peeling on bottom of back doors?