PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Paint Peeling on bottom of back doors?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 02:06 PM

I have a 2006 h3. I had the exact same thing on my rear door. I had the GM aftermarket protection plan. before it ran out i took my truck to a hummer dealer and had all kinds of things fixed. Radio, DVD headrests, blower resistor, loose driver mirror, thermostat,and paint rusting. they gave me trouble, so i got GM involved and they sent a rep out to colorado and they ended up fixing everything. I just had the plastic fork in the t-case replaced and GM offered NO help.. im not happy with GM and will prob never buy another GM product because of this. Luckly i found a GM dealer who fixed it for 350.00.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by DanRay83
I have a 2006 h3. I had the exact same thing on my rear door. I had the GM aftermarket protection plan. before it ran out i took my truck to a hummer dealer and had all kinds of things fixed. Radio, DVD headrests, blower resistor, loose driver mirror, thermostat,and paint rusting. they gave me trouble, so i got GM involved and they sent a rep out to colorado and they ended up fixing everything. I just had the plastic fork in the t-case replaced and GM offered NO help.. im not happy with GM and will prob never buy another GM product because of this. Luckly i found a GM dealer who fixed it for 350.00.
I had to get GM involved also, my warranty was out by 30 days and the dealer wouldn't do sh-t. The funny thing was when my warranty expired it was at the dealer having the fuel tank & sending unit replaced because one of lines rusted off the sending unit setting an evap code which took them 3 visits to find.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Broken Halo
I asked the same question almost 1 year ago on this thread and never got a response.
What you guys havent ever seen rust ? Its on the inside of the back door bottoms were the skin folds around onto the door frames. Go find any Ram and you will also see it.

Old 03-18-2012, 10:59 PM
Banned

yeah,dump your used oil in thru the hole like my dad did in his 36 chevy!,,4 door,,UGly

Old 03-19-2012, 07:57 AM
Default h3 back door paint peeling / rusting

Originally Posted by jvorpahl
Jimbo, can you post a pic of this? I want to see exactly what you guys are talking about.
I will take some pics tonight and attempt to put them on here . I am new to the forum so I dont know if it will let me post pics right away .

Old 03-19-2012, 12:12 PM

This is what my rear D.S. door looks like

Attached Thumbnails Paint Peeling on bottom of back doors?-imag0167.jpg  

Last edited by Widespread Hummer; 03-19-2012 at 12:32 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:57 PM

WOW! That looks like a bad 'bonding' issue with the paint/primer the way it's peeling back. I'm going to check mine, but I'm sure I would have noticed something that obvious. I definitely would be pushing the dealership to do something about that!

Old 03-19-2012, 01:08 PM

Yes there must have been something wrong with the process if there are a number of us having the issue in the same area. I will be curious to see if this spans all years.

Believe it or not, it's not that noticeable when standing next to the door. I found it right about last year at this time when I was wiping down the area after washing. Funny thing is I posted about it on another site but never saw this thread so I didn't know anyoe else was having issues.

You should see my pass side torrision bar. Looks like a fat pregnant lady :0 I'll get a pic of that up too.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:43 PM
Default pics of drivers and passengers side rear doors . Rust

Originally Posted by jvorpahl
Jimbo, can you post a pic of this? I want to see exactly what you guys are talking about.
Here is the pics of the rust on the bottom rear doors . Sounds like everyone has the same issue

Attached Thumbnails Paint Peeling on bottom of back doors?-h3-passengers-side-rear-door.jpg   Paint Peeling on bottom of back doors?-drivers-side-rear-door-h3.jpg  
Old 03-19-2012, 07:15 PM

I have an '06 and this happened to mine about 2 years ago. My deal painted it under warranty however the new paint is now starting to bubble.

Quick Reply: Paint Peeling on bottom of back doors?