PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Paint Peeling on bottom of back doors?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 07:00 PM
Question Paint Peeling on bottom of back doors?

Ran into a guy yesterday who overheard me talking to the bodyshop owner, about the paint that is bubbling/peeling on my '08 H3. This fella proceeded to tell me that his '06 has the same issue in the same spot. Then told me he has a friend who has the same issue in the same area on his H3 (not sure what year) - both back doors, very bottom, on the inside edge. Anyone else?

Thought I would ask before I approach the dealer for a resolution.

Kent
'08 H3 ALPHA
Birch White

Old 03-31-2011, 09:08 AM
Default Paint

I have an 07 with the same problem its also rusting I brought it to the dealer and they said GM will not cover it because its paint and surface rust they told me its only covered if its a whole good luck.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by BACKN68
Ran into a guy yesterday who overheard me talking to the bodyshop owner, about the paint that is bubbling/peeling on my '08 H3. This fella proceeded to tell me that his '06 has the same issue in the same spot. Then told me he has a friend who has the same issue in the same area on his H3 (not sure what year) - both back doors, very bottom, on the inside edge. Anyone else?

Thought I would ask before I approach the dealer for a resolution.

Kent
'08 H3 ALPHA
Birch White
Any chance of you posting a pic? I also have an '08 white Alpha, and I want to see exactly what you're talking about. thanks!

Old 03-31-2011, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by TFSH3
I have an 07 with the same problem its also rusting I brought it to the dealer and they said GM will not cover it because its paint and surface rust they told me its only covered if its a whole good luck.
So the corrosion warranty isn't what we think it is? They want to make you wait until there is a hole? And they hope you will be out of warranty by that time... That kinda bites. I would want to repair it before it became a hole.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by TFSH3
So scrap the rust bubles open and the poke a hole thru it
There answers BS they act like they dont get paid! I would find another GM dealer. I need to stop and have mine checkED.

I posted on it here.

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/g...problem-23360/

Old 04-01-2011, 08:08 AM
Default Paint

I've been two a couple of dealers and they both said the same thing the GM rep showed me the fine print on the warranty I was not happy and there's no reason a 2007 truck should have rust starting and paint issues.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:51 PM

Yes please post a pick. I want to be on the lookout in case this starts to happen to mine.

Old 03-17-2012, 04:54 PM

I also have an 2006 H3 adventure series and both back doors paint is peeled and its rusty . I think we are onto something

Old 03-18-2012, 10:59 AM

Jimbo, can you post a pic of this? I want to see exactly what you guys are talking about.

Old 03-18-2012, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by jvorpahl
Jimbo, can you post a pic of this? I want to see exactly what you guys are talking about.
I asked the same question almost 1 year ago on this thread and never got a response.

Quick Reply: Paint Peeling on bottom of back doors?