PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

PAINT ESTIMATE

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 12:29 AM
Default PAINT ESTIMATE

I was just wondering if anyone would have any estimate on how much it would cost to repaint an h3 it's original color(victory red).So as of right now,and i've only had it for a year,i don't need a new paint job but i keep on planning to have my h3 for another 3or 4 years and right now i got a few rock chips on the rear fenders and one little bitty rock chip on the hood pretty close to the grill..but if i plan to keep the h3 thislong i may look in to repainting it later on down the road.

Old 01-30-2007, 12:36 AM
Default RE: PAINT ESTIMATE

Man..you're talking a pretty penny to paint the whole thing (properly)..It maybe easier and cheaper just to have those panels that are chipped repainted...They can even age paint to match the rest of the car so it won't look like brand new paint..And since this is not a metallic red..that will make it even easier to match.

In the mean time, get a tube of this touch up paint from here..it's a perfect match.

Autovisuals

Old 01-30-2007, 12:44 AM

man i was thinking the same thing about just painting the rear fender panels and maybe even the hood,hell i maynot even mess with that since it is only one chip on it and it is very small.my dad use to rebuild and paint vehicles for like 30 years and mentioned the same thing as above.and i tried the touchup pen.i could'nt hardly get it to fill in the rock chips and when i did,it just did'nt look right.it prolly worked better on yours since you got boulder grey cause my sport trac i had before the h3 was the same color and you could touch it up real easy and it looked good, but on the victory red,i really don't see any good results like i did with the grey

Old 01-30-2007, 01:06 AM

Get the fenders sprayed with line-x...looks really good and will never chip! I'm gonna get mine done if I don't trade it for a new one.

Old 01-30-2007, 01:16 AM

how much does that cost and is there any website that have got this?

Old 01-30-2007, 01:29 AM

Don't know what that costs but I know my local line-x distributor quoted me $50 to do the front grill if I brought it to him. Go to any pickup truck cap company or look in the yellow pages for line-x...its the stuff they spray truck beds with.

Old 01-30-2007, 03:08 AM

When the time comes, just remember, "you get what you pay for". Don't just use someone because they're cheaper than others. Ask relatives and friends in your area who they have used, and find out how they liked the results.. especailly years later.

Our fenders are chipped up too. All the result of living out off the asphalt. I think when I get a chance I may see about getting the rear fenders Rhino lined. I believe if they turn the air down, it will spray on smooth like paint, and not lumpy. By turning the air up, it's lumpier which is usually the desired effect in a truck bed. I'll have mine done in the body color, and hopefully it will just look normal, with no chips.

Old 01-30-2007, 03:16 AM

After owning my H3 for a mere 5 weeks some heartless SOB keyed baby. I'm not talking some light traces either... real deep key marks ALLLL the way around. For all 4 doors, both rear corner panels and the hood to be smoothed out and painted cost $2800. Luckily full coverage with state farm covered it minus the deductible. I lost the truck for 10 days while it was being done. I would estimate upwards of $5000 for the whole thing and done right. The shop I took it too said a lot of the work was labor taking the trim off the car in order for the paint to look right, for example the fenders over all 4 tires have to be removed and painted off the veh, the doors need to be removed from the body in order to have it look seemless as well, plus all of the plastic on the truck needs to be removed. In other words its a real P.I.T.A.

Old 01-30-2007, 06:55 AM

ORIGINAL: msl369

After owning my H3 for a mere 5 weeks some heartless SOB keyed baby. I'm not talking some light traces either... real deep key marks ALLLL the way around.
BASTARD!@!!@#(()#&*

Old 01-30-2007, 09:07 AM

All that plastic trim that has to be removed as well as the fender flares, since they have that rubber gasket around them will drive the price up...

You can go the $5000 route to have it repainted, and you may get what you pay for, BUT.. I'll tell you we had a 96 Mustang that was in DIRE need of a paint job and putting a GOOD $5000 paint job on a car with a Blue Book of $5000 makes NO SENSE at all.. Took it to Econo and had them shoot it for $200.. Color match was dang close and we actually like that color better.. I told them up front I was going to be picky as hell and did not want emblems, key holes and lights painted over, so if they felt like it was going to be extra trouble and they needed to charge more for the trouble let me know now.. I went over the entire car witha fine tooth comb when they were done.. There was one small spot on the rear driver side quarter panel that had a small run, but it was nothing I couldn't live with...

After3years, the paint still looked better than the factory paint did at 3 years...

I personally see NO REASON at all to spend $5000 to paint anything... If the H3 ever need paint.. Personally I'lltake it to Econo.. But to me it's utility vehicle, not a bling machine (not that there's anything wrong with that either)..

Quick Reply: PAINT ESTIMATE