PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Owning a Hummer H1?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Andreas_Sweden
Thanks for the very helpful information, looks like the 02 is the way to go for me then. Even if the HMC4 is my favourite and I doubt I canfindthe only onemade for sale
Anybody know how the open top is during the winter?
I wouldnt rule out any older rig.

1. Most weak blocks cracked way before now. On a 12 year old truck the block should be solid.
* still do you home work

2. If the vin is after E188469 (your into the new blocks)
Check out Humvee.net and Flashoffroad.com for a few other ways.

3. Open tops in the winter are "ok" ... most rigs are not daily drivers. But I think the top down in the summer time out weights any winter blues.

4. Spend the extra bucks for a truck that someone has taken care of (you can tell)

Hope this helps

Old 12-26-2011, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by h1sp
I wouldnt rule out any older rig.

1. Most weak blocks cracked way before now. On a 12 year old truck the block should be solid.
* still do you home work

2. If the vin is after E188469 (your into the new blocks)
Check out Humvee.net and Flashoffroad.com for a few other ways.

3. Open tops in the winter are "ok" ... most rigs are not daily drivers. But I think the top down in the summer time out weights any winter blues.

4. Spend the extra bucks for a truck that someone has taken care of (you can tell)

Hope this helps
Thanks for the input.

I have noticed that it isn't as easy as buying any other type of car since there aren't that many out on the market so it doesent really work to settle for one specific year.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator

The 97.5 and up model open tops came with an insulated top. They work well. Our winters aren't like yours but in high 20's weather you wouldn't know the difference between the open top and a hard top.

Old 12-28-2011, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Andreas_Sweden
Anybody know how the soft top is during the winter?
I'd think on a day like today with the temp being 56 outside (I live in Florida ) I'd probably leave the softtop on. Tomorrow and going into the weekend it will be in the high 60's and 70 by Saturday, so I'd have to take the top AND doors off and enjoy it!
Oh, you meant how is it in winter in colder climates? I don't want to know!

Old 12-28-2011, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by twinmill28
I'd think on a day like today with the temp being 56 outside (I live in Florida ) I'd probably leave the softtop on. Tomorrow and going into the weekend it will be in the high 60's and 70 by Saturday, so I'd have to take the top AND doors off and enjoy it!
Oh, you meant how is it in winter in colder climates? I don't want to know!
I hate you
But then again you miss out on the fun driving in deep snow

But I would still prefer warm weather before this cold **** any day of the week (used to live in Phenix for 4 years so I got spoiled)

Old 12-28-2011, 02:36 PM

I spent the last 5 winters in Utah, just north of Salt Lake City, and no, it wasn't really alot of fun driving in the deep snow, so I don't think I'm missing anything. I was always afraid I'd get stuck or break something, and I didn't want to be out jerking around in those temps!
I grew up in Phoenix for 19 years, so yeah, you kind of grow to love that vs. being in the miserable cold and gray.