PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Order delay from G-Style, Big demand, 1 or 2 weeks for delivery

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 01:36 PM
Default ALUMINUM RADIATOR Order delay from G-Style, Big demand, 1 or 2 weeks for delivery

Ordered my CSF CUSTOM ALL ALUMINUM RADIATOR / 2006-2010 HUMMER H3 & H3T from the G-Style website at G-Style Hummer Accessories | H2 Parts , H3, SUT, H3T Accessories, GM Licensed Parts on July 07 2015. I just got a call from Fast Eddies (FAST EDDIES DODGE PARTS & ACCESSORIES, MOPAR OEM, 2011 RAM CUMMINS DIESEL the company handling the transaction) saying the radiators he had in stock were on the bottom of a pallet and the boxes were crushed. He said he won't sell them because of the damage. He called the Radiator manufacture and they said they will have them in 1 to 2 weeks. Fast Eddies said I would get mine direct shipped from CSF. He also said there was a big demand for these. Hope I don't have to wait too long.
Many have said the price is too high and I agree. If it were up to me I'd get the 150.00 one. The wife says she wanted the shiny one. I like her, so she gets the shiny one.

Last edited by Khrome; 07-10-2015 at 01:44 PM. Reason: error
Old 07-10-2015, 05:46 PM

The guy at G-Style also said he ordered 12 more CSF Aluminum radiators, so he should have them in a few weeks

Old 07-13-2015, 09:26 AM

I was about to order one last week but changed my mind at the last minute and got an OEM AC Delco from Rockauto for $225 shipped instead. Ordered Thursday, got it Friday and I installed it yesterday. Good thing I didn't order the CSF. I need my truck for next week's adventure and I couldn't have waited for the CSF radiator that long.

Old 07-21-2015, 05:57 PM

Got the Radiator Monday and installed today. The removal and replacement was easy. Followed the directions posted on the forum. The thing that took the most time was replacing the radiator hoses. Top hose had to be trimmed and the lower hose requires you to remove the wheel and wheel house panel.
The radiator is beautiful. I looked at all the welds and whoever did the welds never made an error. It's a work of art.

Last edited by Khrome; 07-21-2015 at 06:05 PM.
Old 07-22-2015, 08:18 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Khrome
Got the Radiator Monday and installed today. The removal and replacement was easy. Followed the directions posted on the forum. The thing that took the most time was replacing the radiator hoses. Top hose had to be trimmed and the lower hose requires you to remove the wheel and wheel house panel.
The radiator is beautiful. I looked at all the welds and whoever did the welds never made an error. It's a work of art.
You do not need to remove the wheel or fender inner liner to disconnect the lower hose from the radiator or T stat end, but it will make the T State end easier to get to. If you are not replacing the lower hose, definitely not needed.

Old 07-22-2015, 12:56 PM

The only reason I took off the wheel and inner wheel liner is because I replaced the lower radiator hose with a new one. I tried to get at the t-stat end of the hose from the top and bottom and could not release the spring type clamp with the tools I had on hand. I also didn't have a lift. I looked in the Service Manual and it recommended the wheel and liner removal. When I did that, I removed the lower T-Stat radiator hose clamp with ease. I should have been more clear in my statement. Thanks for the clarification.

Old 07-24-2015, 06:18 AM

Hows the cooling of the new rad?

Old 07-25-2015, 08:55 AM

The temperature gauge on the hummer instrument panel before installing the new radiator was indicating 1/4 to just over 1/2 while pulling a trailer and it's the same now. There could be major differences that I'm not noticing because it hasn't been a concern. If it is a better radiator, there may be less thermal fluctuations and the ability cool down faster?