PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

OPINION - H3 Logo surrounds

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 12:59 PM
Default OPINION - H3 Logo surrounds

Opinions please....I have chosen to keep my H3 all black accessory-wise and have'nt done a lot to really bling her out BUT would like to do a few little things that just make hera tad different than the standard non accessorized model LOL.

Black H3 logo surrounds (such as Gstyle sells) cheesy...or good?

Old 03-16-2007, 02:11 PM
Default RE: POINION - H3 Logo surrounds

usually the Stuff Clarence sells is pretty top shelf...from what I hear, nobody ever has had a complaint about their stuff..

Old 03-16-2007, 03:06 PM

If they are realwheels they are good.

http://www.realwheelsacc.com/h3_offroad.html

Old 03-16-2007, 04:40 PM

Take a piece of black construction paper and make your own, using an internet pic as a reference. Tape it to your truck, and stand back and take a look. It should give you a good impression. If you like it, stuff from Gstyle is top notch.

Old 03-16-2007, 04:58 PM

I'm not a fan ofnon-functional bling and the H3logo surrounds fall into that catagory for me. However, I did break down and buy the little polished stainless steel Hummer letters that fit in thefront bumper. Without them installed, it looked like the factory forgot something during assembly.

What about adding a brush guard and driving lamps? They'llmake a big difference in the look of your truck. Granted, it can beexpensive but you may get some payback at trade in time. Another idea that's almost free (you'll need an alignment) is todo the 2 1/2 turns on the torsion bar trick. It's just enough to be noticeable and will make your truck stand taller than the rest.

Old 03-16-2007, 05:42 PM

Is the torsion bar thing real? If so can you explain how to do it?

Old 03-16-2007, 05:51 PM

Thanks Gentlemen for your thoughts, comments, opinions...Anyone else - thoughts on the look?

Old 03-16-2007, 06:24 PM

You know me LawWyfe .. black powder cotated billet :-) Gas door, tail light guards, brush guard, exterior door handles .. how about some smoked marker lights (if you have em that is) and smoked corners to finish up the blacked out look!? :-)

Old 03-16-2007, 06:25 PM

ORIGINAL: cspringsh3

Is the torsion bar thing real? If so can you explain how to do it?
Yes ... lift the front end up, crank the torsion bars the SAME amount, assuming your truck is level that is LOL! Let her back down, get an alignment and presto ..

Old 03-16-2007, 06:49 PM

I say, Go for it. I like the looks and I also like to make my vehicle stand out a little more than that of the one next door. I just installed window vents and a new stubby antenna and cover.

Quick Reply: OPINION - H3 Logo surrounds