PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Operation: Clean Dashboard

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator
Default Operation: Clean Dashboard

After going off-roading this past weekend, the importance of a good field-of-view has hit me with great influence and stigmatic fornication (yeah, I don't know what that is supposed to mean either). In saying that, tomorrow morning I am getting up bright and early to remove everything on my dash, including my monitor, USB GPS receiver and laptop cables, and move my GPS and mount it near the steering wheel column. I'm at a loss as to whether or not to remove the radar detector. My wife, even though always telling me to "slow down" believes I should keep it. Although it does prove quite handy in the country, on the highway it doesn't stop someone from zapping your *** with the laser.

I MIGHT also remove the rain guards on the windows, but I actually use those quite often to open the windows in the rain.

Anyway, Dennis would be quit proud of me, and I have seen the light! Actually, Dennis is the only reason I'm posting this because I know nobody else could give a crap [sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 03-30-2007, 10:47 AM
Default RE: Operation: Clean Dashboard

LOL! I was waiting for this one HG :-) I agree though, I thought my !@#$!@#$ rear view mirror was in the way on some of those trails LOL! I wouldn't remove the window vent shades though, they are entirely too useful in my opinion!!!

Old 03-30-2007, 12:11 PM

You are right we do not.

Old 03-30-2007, 12:15 PM

get you an in-dash like the avic-d2 or z1 got your gps, back-up cam... slow your *** down and stop using a laptop while driving..

Problemsolved ma'am.

Old 03-30-2007, 12:37 PM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

After going off-roading this past weekend, the importance of a good field-of-view has hit me with great influence and stigmatic fornication (yeah, I don't know what that is supposed to mean either). In saying that, tomorrow morning I am getting up bright and early to remove everything on my dash, including my monitor, USB GPS receiver and laptop cables, and move my GPS and mount it near the steering wheel column.
OMG Mikey, uh you compute while driving???????????????????

Old 03-30-2007, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: jdrew

get you an in-dash like the avic-d2 or z1 got your gps, back-up cam... slow your *** down and stop using a laptop while driving..

Problemsolved ma'am.
I DO NOT USE THE LAPTOP WHILE DRIVING lol Man how many times do i have to tell you people this

I used a GPS receiver to get real-time guidance and pull up full-screen maps and food/gas stops. Now that I have a REAL GPS, I don't need the laptop anymore

Old 03-30-2007, 12:57 PM

I'm proud of you Mikey...

Old 03-30-2007, 02:05 PM

Sugar, I was just yankin yer chain! LOL

Old 03-30-2007, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: LawWyfe

Sugar, I was just yankin yer chain! LOL
I don't have a toilet in my H3, YET................

Old 03-30-2007, 02:38 PM

Tootin your own horn there Mikey?? Nevermind, I dont wanna knowwwwww [sm=icon_quiet.gif]lol

Quick Reply: Operation: Clean Dashboard