PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

OPEN DRIVER SIDE DOOR

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 11:53 AM
Default OPEN DRIVER SIDE DOOR

Hey aLL

I dont know how, but in a car wash, my driver side mirror got ripped off.

I was able to buy a new one on eBay and it is coming,butI am nervous what to do next.

Once I get it, I am trying to figure out how to get into the driver side door so I can unscrew the old one and put the new one in.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciately.

Also, is there anything I should look out for or know about when doing this?

Dave

Old 05-20-2007, 12:11 PM
Default RE: OPEN DRIVER SIDE DOOR

On the inside handle there is a piece that has to be removed be sure when you pull it out you do not brake the clips. then they should be a few screws inside remove them.
then pull on the panel lightly toward you releasing the other clips.

Old 05-20-2007, 12:12 PM

Oh ya never go threw a car wash.

Old 05-20-2007, 04:56 PM

one other thing the handle you open the door that little circle thing need to be remove with a screw inside that too.
the one above i mention is the handle you pull the door close it about a foot long and it has thedivits in it.

Old 05-22-2007, 10:22 AM

If you PM me your email address, I can send you some instructions on removing the door panels, and mirror assembly, it's pretty easy, I have done it myself.

Old 05-22-2007, 10:38 AM

Did you have your mirrors folded in when it was torn off, or were they out in the regular position?

Old 05-22-2007, 11:09 AM

alrock
Date 5/22/2007 8:38:32 AM

Did you have your mirrors folded in when it was torn off, or were they out in the regular position?
Good question by alrock.

Curious as to why the car wash is not liable to replace the side view mirror for you? Aren't they libel for factory installed parts? I had an antenna ripped off of my truck (it was standard factory installed), and the car wash paid for the new antenna and installation.

Old 05-22-2007, 11:11 AM

ORIGINAL: littlehummerboy

If you PM me your email address, I can send you some instructions on removing the door panels, and mirror assembly, it's pretty easy, I have done it myself.
Don't be stingy Karl...Post it here for the forum to reap the benifit of your skills, knowledge and abilities...

Old 05-22-2007, 12:56 PM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

ORIGINAL: littlehummerboy

Don't be stingy Karl...Post it here for the forum to reap the benifit of your skills, knowledge and abilities...
I'd love to say that I took lot's of photos of the procedure to do it, but I didn't [&o]. What I do have is the excellent instructions (with photos) that came with the Muth Signal mirrors I installed in my H3. I can scan them in as a PDF and send them to people, but don't think posting them here would be appropriate. Might be copyright concerns. Thoughts?

Old 05-22-2007, 02:36 PM

Screw em..who they gonna know you are...besides, it ain't for profit...

Quick Reply: OPEN DRIVER SIDE DOOR