PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

OnStar will deal, times are hard

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 07:41 PM
Default RE: OnStar will deal, times are hard

Great info!! I will give it a try tomorrow when I'm running around. If not I'll be calling someone to burn up the minutes that expire on Monday just out of principle

Old 09-16-2008, 12:07 PM

my onstar safe and sound expired the end of aug and i tried to e-mail onstar and kept getting run around so i just hit the blue button and talked to operator and asked to speak with someone who could negotiate a price and the operator said she could, and i respectfully said that a few friends with onstar negotiated 149 for a year, PLUS 2 months free PLUS 100 minutes added to the phone....she said that "you sure do skip the haggling" and that she could do that for me... sooooooo it does pay to come to table with facts.

it ended up being 148.92 for year(credit card) 2 months free,(14 months)and 100 minutes free. maybe i should have offered 120 year plus the 2 months and 100...lol anyways iam happy.

james out

Old 11-09-2008, 03:27 PM

I just called and took the same deal. It's a winner and still available for the asking.

Old 11-10-2008, 05:03 PM

This is some great news. We used the driving direction option while on a vacation and the system worked perfectly. We were very impressed.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:51 AM

The deal is still going - simply called, told them there's a deal floating around on the forum which, for $148.92 included the following: 12 months renewal plus 2 free months and 100 minutes. It took being placed 'on-hold' a couple of times, but then they came back and said "OK - That offer is still available."

No haggling, no pressure - just matter of factly stated the sentence above, in a nice tone of voice of course.

Pretty easy for sure and took less than 5 minutes.

Old 01-07-2009, 10:02 AM

I got the same price, except no free months and no minutes (don't use those anyways)

I renewed online, however.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:52 AM

I also found that OnStar is very lenient. I got the 3 month trial, and when I first got it, the phone number wasn't working. So I called to ask them what my Hummers phone number was and they said they will resend it and for this inconvinience they gave me 30 extra free minutes for the phone (so now I have 60). I wasn't even complaining or anything, I just simply wanted to know my phone number and they gave me 30 free minutes.

Kind of an inconsistant way to to business but it works for me .

Old 01-25-2009, 11:58 PM

Personally, I've had bad results with onstar's phone service. I never had any intention of using it, as I have an unlimited plan through sprint, but kept getting incoming calls within a couple of weeks of buying the truck from random people. I contacted onstar and had them change the number, but quickly had the same problem. I had them disable the phone feature. I would, though, like to keep the service for all of the other features, like the remote door-unlock. I am now wondering if that's still functional after installing the remote start. hmmmm....