PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

OnStar will deal, times are hard

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 10:13 AM
Default OnStar will deal, times are hard

As in previous posts from guys who have renewed OnStar, I remembered that they talked OnStar out of a better plan than their best online offer. My OnStar account was about to expire and a renewal would have been $212.93 online. So I called them and talked to (Chris) with a heavy Indian accentand he said since I was a good customer he could go $199.00 for a year.I told him he'd have to do better than that if he wanted to keep me as a customer because I really didn't need OnStar. At that time I was put on hold of course so he could check with someone.[sm=sleeping.gif] When he came back I was offered another year for $147.15! [sm=smiley20.gif]Isn't it amazing how much fudge room OnStar has for such things as billing and renewal? If I didn't like OnStar so much I would have told them to pack sand but despite its cost OnStar is a pretty good deal for what they offer.

"That's allI have to say 'bout that"
Forrest Gump

Old 05-21-2008, 10:29 AM
Default RE: OnStar will deal, times are hard

I went through that about a month ago. I kept telling them no. They finally offered it for 11.79 a month with 2 months free.I still said no, and that really seemed to **** them off.

Old 05-21-2008, 12:12 PM

My 1st year isn't up yet. I might continue Onstar if I can get $12 per month on a one year deal. The $212.93 online ($17.75 per mo.) is not going to keep me.

Old 05-21-2008, 12:36 PM

I want to try it out so that I can use the phone function,but then there is the $9.99/mo from my phone company too. What functions do you like or use on the service that keeps you coming back for more?

Old 05-21-2008, 02:22 PM

interesting... I bought my Hummer used and I'm considering Onstar. I like the phone option as well.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator

I like the Onstar service and do use the phone on occasion. I am currently still under the first year on the H3 but on my H2 they would deal and that was in better times. Work the best deal you can.

Old 05-21-2008, 06:03 PM

I just passed my one year and paid the monthly rate at $19.95 for now. My phone minutes were expiring - the best deal they would give me is the standard rate of 200 minutes for $70 (or whatever the price is). For that much cash - forget it.

I think I'll cancel my monthly renewal and work them on an offer. Thanks for the tips guys.

Old 05-21-2008, 07:10 PM

I purchased mine used also and am on the normal monthly plan with OnStar. I was paying for the prepaid minutes, but then I figured it out and it definatelly was more benefitial for me to change my cell phone over to Verizon so that I could add my H3 to the family plan. I use my phone all the time and whenever I go on any trips I just forward my cell phone to the H3 so I don't even have to deal with the cell while driving.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:40 PM

You got a good deal...I have been trying to wheel and deal them now for a while..if I keep trying maybe I'll get the person that you talked to..it might take another year.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:42 PM

Mine ran out.....................so time to deal

Quick Reply: OnStar will deal, times are hard