PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics Report

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Default OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics Report

I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this, OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics Report getting earlier and earlier?Mine started on on the 22nd of the month, started getting earlier each month ands now arrives on the 11th.

OnStar doesn't think it a big thing, but I do. I wonder if I cancelled, they would think that was a big thing?

Old 01-11-2009, 08:16 PM
Default RE: OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics Report

I'm not sure I see the problem with it coming earlier, I could understand later maybe but can't think of any reason for earlier to be a bad thing.

Old 01-12-2009, 07:07 AM

I sure wouldn't let it worry me. Not a big deal.

Old 01-12-2009, 12:50 PM

I guess my issue is that they move up two weeks and at the end of the terms of agreement, they (Onstar) gets out of a month's worth of service. It's not just the Diagnostics, it's the overall service. I am doing and have doneall the maintenance per the manufacturer at the dealership. It just that if they keep shorting the interval, then I will eventually lose a month of services - not just a report.

I just wanted to vent...

Old 01-12-2009, 01:19 PM

ORIGINAL: Ken06H3

I guess my issue is that they move up two weeks and at the end of the terms of agreement, they (Onstar) gets out of a month's worth of service. It's not just the Diagnostics, it's the overall service. I am doing and have doneall the maintenance per the manufacturer at the dealership. It just that if they keep shorting the interval, then I will eventually lose a month of services - not just a report.

I just wanted to vent...
Venting is good. It helps you feel better.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:23 PM

From what I understood, its your vehicle that reports to OnStar vs. OnStar polling your Hummer. I also read it was on a 30 day or next connection basis. Depending on how long you've had the service... 30 days vs.calendar month could slowly tick up the date over time. The report is a very small part of the service so you're probably not going to get ripped of a month of service, or even 2 weeks. I betthat air bag deployment sensor is more important to you than with the oil life indicator graphs and the check marksthat everything is AOK.I think its cool to see but I really don't care about it all that much. If thereis a problem, I hopeto know right away with aservice messagein the truck;not wait the 30 days for the email anyway.I just checked mine online, the plan expires to the day of activation. I think you're good to go.

If you want to be sure you're getting your $$ worth... I got phone minutes when I activated.. be sure to burn those babies upbefore they expire

Old 01-31-2009, 05:32 PM
Default Worth the money?

I just purchased my H3 this week and have been wondering if its even worth the money to get OnStar started or not...

Can you guys give me some pros and cons...

Thanks...

Old 02-01-2009, 10:18 AM

OnStar sent me some type of Email claiming they are begining to charge my dad's credit card with $22.00 a month.... which is odd considering they told me I have the free trial till March 8th - guess I'll be getting some free calling minutes and an extra free trial month when I call to complain!

(If you didn't already know, OnStar us reeeeeally linient and will do anything to keep you.)

Old 02-01-2009, 07:41 PM

Speaking of OnStar, does the mileage change on your OnStar e-mail?
It seems every time I look at the report, the mileage is the same, never changed.Oil percent is still at 99% I have over five hundred miles on the vehicle since I bought it.

Old 02-01-2009, 08:03 PM

It will be like that on the oil Chameleon. If you read your manual it says it is possible to go close to a year on the initial oil. I have 3200 on my H3T and I think it still reads 64%. My mileage does move. I had to call and complain that I wasn't getting the e-mails.

Quick Reply: OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics Report