PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Onstar phone minutes

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 08:38 AM
Default Onstar phone minutes

Can any one tell me if Onstar is offering any better deals for getting minutes on the Onstar phone ? I had read a thread awhile back where if you pushed the button and talked to Onstar directly they would offer better deals than written on their web site.
Thanks in advance

Old 06-17-2009, 12:51 PM

I was not aware of them lowering the cost of the minutes. I know you can get a lower cost of the on-star service itself the monthly charge if you call.

Old 06-17-2009, 12:56 PM

If you're already using Verizon for your other cellphones, you can add your Onstar phone to your service with a $9.95 a month family share America plan. If you do that they'll give you a new number for your Onstar phone which may or may not be a big deal for you.

Another cool tip is to set up your normal Verizon phone with call forwarding to your Onstar phone. Once the number is stored, dial *72 to call forward and *73 to cancel call forwarding when you get to your destination. It's super convenient to take automatically forwarded calls while driving.

If you use over $10 a month in minutes now, this is probably the best service value.

Old 06-17-2009, 05:50 PM

Try it and see. Let us know what happens. Thanks!!

Old 06-17-2009, 08:34 PM

i just called onstar to cancel my safe and sound package.and.. they gave me a deal of 12.00 a month and 100 free minutes.just push the blue button and find out.

Old 06-19-2009, 05:55 AM

I had the free trial that ended up costing me money. I had to pay for minutes, then I got billed for the directions and connections at ten dollars a month.
I do not use any phase of onstar at this time, I'm still paying a monthly fee on my free six month trial.
I will soon end all ties with Onstar, I just don't use it.

I do like the phone through the system, but not willing to pay their asking price for that convenience.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by YellowFin
Try it and see. Let us know what happens. Thanks!!
Just wanted to report back to all that were interested.
I had no luck at all. I gave the Onstar lady my song and dance, but she told me the best deal she could offer me was the current ones shown on the web site.
I had to renew now, because I wanted my remaining minutes to roll over and not just go to waste.
Perhaps if i had gotten a different Onstar rep. it could have been different, but i will never know.

Old 06-25-2009, 11:07 AM

Did you tell the rep "If that's the best you can do, then connect me to the cancellation department". That seems to be the magic words. I found that talking to the cancellation rep at OnStar (and XM for that matter), special 1 year only deals could be made. After the 1 year, it will be time to threaten to cancel again. They want my business more strongly than I want their services.

BTW, I am betting that if I do end up canceling they will contact me with a "win-back" offer. That happened before with a service that I cancelled because I didn't need/want it anymore. Somehow once they lose you, you are more desirable than when you are a loyal customer.

Old 06-25-2009, 11:53 AM

Somehow once they lose you, you are more desirable than when you are a loyal customer.[/QUOTE]

That is one great quote !!