PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

The ONLY real option.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 09:08 PM
Exclamation The ONLY real option.....

OK, I've ALWAYS been a fan of audio systems... My high point was my 99 Explorer. Polk Momo components throughout, 4 Boston G5 10's in a CAD designed box wrapped in black vinyl with BOSTON in raised letters pushed by a Kicker D CLASS & a Kenwood Excellon run'n my componenets.

The ONLY option for real bass for an SUT is a Memphis "10 SC SHALLOW MOUNT sub. 300watt RMS. Do NOT use a D class on this! Memphis are known for hard deep bass but are a bit dirtier than JL & other higher end companies. I'd upload pix but the site won't allow me anymore. DON'T KNOW WHY & CAN'T SEEM TO GET AN ANSWER! The box was custom made to be under the rear driver side seat run'n all the way to the edge of the passenger seat. I'm using an Alpine D class 300 watt D class mono block amp @ the moment but will swap out soon with a 400 watt 2 channel A/B amp. ALSO, the signal comin from the stock head unit is a bit dirty in itself. SOOO, upgrading your head unit will do wonders to your bose speakers & ur sub if u chose to! I can't remember what the airspace spec was but it was close to .5 cubic feet. & the SOUND comin from this sub should not be possible with the lack of depth in the box. YES.... Size AND depth play a big role in sound reproduction with subwoofers.

You all are welcome to contact me with any questions. Haven't upgraded my head unit yet but will be goin with a Kenwood Excellon Double DIN to fill in the entire space in the dash & look SIMILAR to stock.The