PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Old school sticker trick

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 09:16 PM
Post Old school sticker trick

This is an old school trick for dual purpose cars or trucks. Trail on the weekend and work on Monday, if you know what I mean. Thought maybe some of the younger guys may not know it and might get a kick out of this as an option to sticking all of your stickers on your windows.

Heres all you need, a pile of your favorite trail or performance stickers, some flat sign magnet and a pair of scissors...

Peel and place your sticker on the magnet backing...

Cut the sticker out...

View from the rear of the magnet...

Going to an event? Place your stickers anywhere on the body...

Come home, clean off the mud, peel off the stickers (I stick them to the side of my roll away tool boxes for storage) and you are ready to go to work on Monday...

Not for everyone I know, but some may find it useful...

Enjoy your H3!

Old 01-31-2012, 11:20 PM

Nice tip, where do you get the magnets?
Chris

Old 01-31-2012, 11:39 PM

Office supply store or home supply (Home Depot) type of stores. It is often listed as custom sign magnetic mats. They come two per pack and are roughly about 18x30 in size.

Old 02-06-2012, 07:39 PM

i tried looking online and didnt find the magnet sheets in Home Depot or Office Depot. can you tell us which store, price and brand name exactly? thanks!

Old 02-06-2012, 07:56 PM

try, www.signwarehouse.com for magnet material, also this stuff is notorious for scratching and you need to move them around every few months.

Old 02-06-2012, 09:27 PM

pretty awesome tip indeed, who woulda thunk it

Old 02-06-2012, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by lcurle
try, www.signwarehouse.com for magnet material, also this stuff is notorious for scratching and you need to move them around every few months.
Personally, I only put them on for short amounts of time.

Back in my high school days (early 80's) stickers were a way to show how much you had under the hood. Imagined or real, it was all part of the game we played. We would go to the race track in Jersey, then cruise back to Philly for a night of trouble. The Philly police (my Dad was one) got smart and would look for stickered up cars crossing the bridge and would pull them all over as soon as they hit I95. We learned that putting the stickers on magnets for the track was cool, then we would peel them off for a night of sleeper racing (I know, dumb, but we were young).

I still throw them on my old cars for cruise nights or shows. I never store them on my cars, I put them on my roll away boxes. I've never scratched my show paint, but I always check to be sure there is nothing stuck to the back of them that could cause an issue.

This is a way to enjoy your stickers, but still be able to remove them. You can always put them on your windows or directly on you paint. That is the beauty of life, we do what works best for each of us.

Thanks for sharing the link. I got mine at Lowe's in the sign department.

Old 02-09-2012, 02:52 PM
Default Where to find supplies

OK, so I took a couple more pictures of the magnets for everyone. I have used both sign magnets and I have also found them in the heating section of the home stores. They are used as vent covers and cost $5 for three sheets. See pictures below:

Some old stickers stored on one of my many roll away boxes (a cheap one for body work tools)