PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Ok, wtf is up with this... ***explicit language intended***

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 07:04 PM
Angry Ok, wtf is up with this... ***explicit language intended***

Ok, so the only 4x4 we got other than moms POS 2000 Escalade thats falling apart from the inside out is my 2006 Hummer H3. We are getting a bad snow storm this weekend (17" called) and I went to go get alot of gas for the Generator. Well im turning on to my street and I completely lost power. well i look down and my RPM gauge says 0. then every error light they ever put into the damn thing starts popping up (ABS, service everything, no fuel, no temp)... Wouldn't even tell me what gear im in, so the gauges are completely dead.

Fun stuff:
Well I turn the key and nothing happens (I know what your thinking, it was in park...). Well im thinking, ok its on a hill blocking my neighbor hood so i better roll it back down out of the way. Well It wouldn't let me even push the button in to put it in neutral. So im sitting there awhile dad calls, he's pissed cause we just bought it and we call a tow truck.

Tow truck gets there and we asked him if there was some way to over ride it. He says sometimes theres a shift lock on the console u can press. I was just liek oh yeah thats right! Well I look and theres the boot. Well I was like **** cause I didn't see a place for a lock so I decided to see if I could pull the boot off and see if there was a button there and there was that let me get it out of park on the right side. Just incase anyone else has that issue.

Well anyways I think my computers are fried... It did nothing. I even called onstar to figure out whats up with their GM tech support and the crazy indian lady hung up on me because her little computer wouldn't give her answers. ****ers.

Cooler thing is, its gonna be like a week before dealer even thinks about looking at it... so I can forget trying to get anywhere with this snow storm.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:46 PM

Sounds like either the pcm went bad or I had my 3 do the same thing and it was the throttle accuator sensor (gas pedal has a sensor) there are other instances that other tings have happened too... use the search feature theyre on here... sorry man horrible timing... good luck brotha

Old 01-30-2010, 08:05 AM

PCM went bad on mind last year. It died in my garage and had to be dragged out. Everything locked up and I could not even get the key out of the ignition. Dealer replaced the module and battery.

Old 01-30-2010, 03:21 PM

I could get my key out... but I thought I was gonna have to drag it too but I figured out if you pulled the boot up on the shifter and hit the little shiney round **** in there it would let you put it in another gear (neutral). So I was able to finally move it.

Yeah i'm thinkin PCM went bad. How much is this gonna cost me!!! 0.0

Old 01-30-2010, 08:46 PM

Did not cost me a cent. It was out of service for a day and a half though.

Old 01-30-2010, 08:58 PM

Well I dont have waranty anymore.. its got 116k miles. Was it a recall or somethin?

Last edited by murderedc230; 01-30-2010 at 09:22 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:49 AM

Turns out it was the Ignition switch incase anyone else seems to have a similar issue.

Old 02-06-2010, 03:59 PM
Banned
Default release button where?

my first goal used to be to dismanle shift lock so i didnt need to push the d,,,m brake pedal, and also so i could "get off the tracks" even without a battery!!!

if the batt is dead i want to be able to drift, move, push, to be able to get at it with jumpers. on my probe i bent the bracket out of the way and fixed it quik.
id like to know more on this

tom

Old 02-07-2010, 12:07 AM

If something happens and you are unable to switch the gears, the boot easily pulls up and theres a silver button on the right side of the shifter that you press in.

Not sure why you would need to drift with a dead battery and not sure what you mean by "get off the tracks" either

Old 07-27-2011, 02:57 AM

Does anyone have anymore information on this problem below. I have had a very similar experience. I also had a after market pioneer gps installed and remote start. My problem did not start right after the install so I assume it is unrelated. For my problem this is the order of what happened.

Driving on highway at 62 mph with cruise control on and the AC.

Felt a change in my speed, check my gauges and the red security light was on, then the battery light came on, then stability control light. Warning area said stability control has failed, all gauges went dead, then other warning messages like low fuel etc. Air conditioner was not putting out cold air anymore. I pull over and decide I will turn off then on and hope the computer resets. I turn off and it is dead. I put foot on break and tried to put it in neutral but the button would not push in. I open hood, check battery connection and they seemed fine. battery was replaced about 4 months ago. I close hood, get back in and try again. Starts fine and everything working again. drive another 30 miles and just as I am pulling into my driveway, it does it again. Once I turn off, everything is locked. Give is 20 seconds or so and it starts up again. It has done it a few more times over the next couple days and has not done it for about 4 day now.

Any help would be appreciated. I have a 2006 H3 with 155,000 kms on it. (96,000 miles)

Thanks!

Originally Posted by murderedc230
Ok, so the only 4x4 we got other than moms POS 2000 Escalade thats falling apart from the inside out is my 2006 Hummer H3. We are getting a bad snow storm this weekend (17" called) and I went to go get alot of gas for the Generator. Well im turning on to my street and I completely lost power. well i look down and my RPM gauge says 0. then every error light they ever put into the damn thing starts popping up (ABS, service everything, no fuel, no temp)... Wouldn't even tell me what gear im in, so the gauges are completely dead.

Fun stuff:
Well I turn the key and nothing happens (I know what your thinking, it was in park...). Well im thinking, ok its on a hill blocking my neighbor hood so i better roll it back down out of the way. Well It wouldn't let me even push the button in to put it in neutral. So im sitting there awhile dad calls, he's pissed cause we just bought it and we call a tow truck.

Tow truck gets there and we asked him if there was some way to over ride it. He says sometimes theres a shift lock on the console u can press. I was just liek oh yeah thats right! Well I look and theres the boot. Well I was like **** cause I didn't see a place for a lock so I decided to see if I could pull the boot off and see if there was a button there and there was that let me get it out of park on the right side. Just incase anyone else has that issue.

Well anyways I think my computers are fried... It did nothing. I even called onstar to figure out whats up with their GM tech support and the crazy indian lady hung up on me because her little computer wouldn't give her answers. ****ers.

Cooler thing is, its gonna be like a week before dealer even thinks about looking at it... so I can forget trying to get anywhere with this snow storm.

Quick Reply: Ok, wtf is up with this... ***explicit language intended***