PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Offroad anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 01:05 AM
Default Offroad anyone?

I'm new to this forum, and seems to be a nice community. But I've noticed (just like around my town) alot of bling. I'm not saying that bling is bad, but my guess is that those H2's do not go offroad. How many people actually use the truck for what it can do? Rock climbing? Riverbed driving? Mud womping (we don't have alot of mud in so. cal.)?

Old 10-30-2007, 04:12 AM
Default RE: Offroad anyone?

Mall Crawling!!!!!!!!!Name:  sleezy.gif
Views: 34
Size:  7.3 KB

Old 10-30-2007, 05:48 AM

there are quite a few on here that do alot of wheeling,just have to look around

Old 10-30-2007, 06:31 AM

You're pretty close to the mark... I too see a lot of blinged out rides that look like they'd never take a dirt road much less some real wheelin.

I think there may be more H3 owners that wheel than H2 owners. Maybe because the H2's are so much bigger and more expensive, I really can't be sure if my statement is accurate but that's what it seems to me. Also there seems to be more H3's around than H2s so that may skew the totals too.

I love off roading! I'm not a veteran of it in my Hummer (had it almost a year now, but I've had some fun with mine in Moab and around TX. and I'm amazed at the off road prowess of the Hummer, couple that with it's creature comforts and highway ride, it's in a class by itself IMO.

Old 10-30-2007, 09:09 AM

i'll run through the neighbor's flower garden every once in a while to get some muck up under the wheel wells. i offroad gently, don't want to have to repaint the skidplate . . . . . . . .

Old 10-30-2007, 07:38 PM

I have asked 3 different Hummer sales managers what % of the Hummerbuyers ever go off road and the estimates range from 20% to 35%. I wide range but there best guess. I don't think bling and offroad are mutually exclusive. We do a lot of off roading with our H3 and H2 both with some bling and the new Alpha is going to get its first off road venture on Nov 9 and 10. The Alpha is loaded with bling. But it will probably also be loaded with mud and scratches and whatever else we come accross.

All of my off road excursionshave beenwith either The Hummer Club Inc or a Hummer dealership. There are more and more H3's showing up at off road events but the dominant vehicle is the H2. Last off road trip in Tennesse had 57 trucks, 18 H1's, 23 H2's and 16 H3's. Two years ago out of 57 trucks you might have a handful of H3's. The H3 is a quite capable off road vehicle.

Old 10-30-2007, 07:49 PM

you could probably go through the gallery and see some offroad pics. i have some shots from my meager offroad experience up there. not sure i'd ever want to do anything too extreme though, being just a tahoe and all . . . . . . .

Old 10-30-2007, 11:48 PM

I don't know about that I've taken trails that where intended for quads and bikes, not full size trucks, but the humvee did pretty well until I scared the shhit out of my wife and we had to go back.

Old 12-15-2007, 11:50 AM

For 11 years visiting Moab Itackled about 90 % off the trails and fell in love with Hummers.

Most of the reviews regarding Hummers are biased and not fair. For exempla the new 2008 H2, no vehicle on the market today will drive you in comfort, style and luxury on freeways, cities and is capable to tackle most of Moab’s trails in a stock configuration. Well maybe; another Hummer.

Roland
My two babies - 2008 H2 SUT

2002 H1 - Locking differentials installed.

Old 12-17-2007, 08:27 AM

Shortbus why did you have to tell them its only a tahoe? they arent supposed to find that out untill some redneck (usaully with a beater)at the trails brings up the conversation. I live on a dirt road, so I get the occasional mud slingin up on the ride.

Quick Reply: Offroad anyone?