PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

off road lights Button?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 10:42 AM
Default off road lights Button?

i have an 04' adventure package h2 originally it had to auxillary lights in the front but when i purchased it they were removed along with the brush guard. what i want to know is where is the button for the off road lights located because i want in tastall four after market lights on my roof rack, and it would be easier to have them connected to the stock switch. i checked the owners manuel it showed no pictures exept over head console where i saw no buttons. also where do you connect the lights wireing on the roof is there a cable there already?

Old 08-21-2007, 11:27 AM
Default RE: off road lights Button?

there is no stock location for off road light switches, since they're always an addon. my switchwas on the front of the overhead console, but it all depends on where your installer put the switch. as for the roof wiring, you need to run the wiring up the driver's side a arm and out through the rubber grommet under the corner marker light.take off the marker light and you'll see the grommet underneath, punch a small slit in it and put the new light wiring through, then goober it up real good with some rtv silicone to stop it from leaking. the only other thing to do would be to trace the wiring for the lights that were removed up front, but that could be tedious, especially where it comes through the firewall. good luck.

Old 08-21-2007, 12:53 PM

mmhm wat i was after i put the wiring through the hole at the marker llight wear will i have to fish out from? or mabe do you think i could run it from lights down the arm and take of the plastic that holds the windseild on the driver side run it under that then it would take right to the door where there is a small hole between the engion compartment and interior of the car?

Old 08-21-2007, 01:15 PM

i guess that's an option, but mine are run up the inside of the pillar, under the plastic molding. if you fish the wire through from the top, you'll see it come through from the inside. use a single wire as the fish and use it to pull through the rest. i've got the wiring for my off road lights and rack mounted backup lights both running through there and haven't had any leak issues. really, whatever works best for you that you can handle is the way to go.